Friday, August 1, 2008

What is wrong with me?!? (and my cute kids)

First, what is wrong with me?
I very seldom cry. I just don't get that emotional about things. Ok, that is not entirely true. I do get emotional, but is is usual not the emotion of sadness. Anyway, today I actually had tears in my eyes as one of our local DJ's said his last farewell on air. I listen to country music (which is why I am compelled to write parodies for songs like "Country Man"). Now, when the kids are in the van we listen to GT and the Sparks Handbook and Veggie Tales; but when I am alone it is all Rascall Flatts and Brooks and Dunn.
I don't even necessarily like this DJ that much, although I must say he has dramatically improved over his time at the station. He has even won awards for radio personalities. But what made me teary is that he has been at the station for 12 1/2 years- he started right before I started listening to country at age 16. (Why did I listen to country at age 16? Oh yeah, it was because Noah did). Anyway, he has been one of those voices that has been a radio constant for me. I remember talking with Noah as teenagers about something he said or did. So it made me a little sad. But I feel silly that it made me sad. Let's move on to my cute kids.


They start at different parts of the yard...


Then run toward the pool...


Roman starts to fall back...

Then Deacon jumps in and Roman stops outside the pool. Before Roman will get in either Deacon or I has to say, "c'mon Roman. Jump in" (he tells us when we need to say it) Then he carefully climbs in.

I guess we all have our things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok you got to tell me which DJ is leaving? I can't believe you started to cry....atleast you cried when I left...if you hadn't I would have felt bad that you cried more about a DJ than your sister.

The Three 22nds said...

It was Chris Carr.

-N