Thursday, August 7, 2008

Anxiety

The big race is Saturday and I am so nervous! I like to be prepared, I like to know what is going to happen and I don't. So I am nervous. Remember back in college when you had a big test coming up? Well, I would study and study right up to the test, although I always made sure that I had studied enough the night before so that if bad things happened in the morning, I would still be ready. I like to be prepared, remember?

Then I would take the test, and after it was over I would have 1 of 4 thoughts:

1. That test was so easy! Why did I spend all of that time studying for it?!
2. That test was easy, but I know it would have been hard if I hadn't studied as much as I did.
3. That test was so hard! I am glad I studied, maybe I passed.
4. That test was impossible! Why did I even study? No matter how much I studied for that it never would have made a difference. It was instudiable. (is that a word? If it is that is probably not how you spell it.)

So that is how I feel right now. I am waiting and wondering which of those 4 thoughts I will have on Saturday afternoon...

At least my tri shorts are cute.

5 comments:

New Adventures said...

I would say good luck, but I know you don't need it. Just go out there and be 'cute' in your shorts! I am very excited for you (and Noah). Have fun! :)

The Three 22nds said...

And yes, I can certify that the shorts are indeed quite cute.

I wish my butt looked that good in tight shorts (with pink hilights).

-N

Unknown said...

I wish I could be there....call me with all the details!

Anonymous said...

go get 'em J & N! i'm excited for you both! and i applaud your efforts thus far!

Unknown said...

I hope the tri goes well tomorrow for both of you. You have worked hard. Have fun!!