Sunday, August 31, 2008

200th post contest

Yeah! I made it to my 200th post! I am so excited, so in honor of this momentous occasion, I am hosting a contest. More specifically a parody contest.

See, I have always loved parodies. They make me laugh and they make me want to be able to write songs and create. But I can't sing, so if I wrote songs or parodies of songs I wouldn't be able to sing them anyway. And it doesn't really work to hand someone a piece of paper from a notebook and say, "hey, check out my new parody. It rocks. I won't sing it for you, but trust me it works." Then it is awkward because the person doesn't know the song, or they simply don't care or share your sense of humor. After I discovered blogging I thought, "perfect. At last I have found the venue for me." I was able to write a parody and not feel bad about imposing it on others because, well, I don't force anyone to read my blog.

So, here is the contest: Write a parody of a song and email it to me at theanticsofthethree22nds@gmail.com (if you want to send a video, that would be ok too :)

Rules:
1. Your parody must relate loosely to your life (be about your dog, your kids, your spouse, your neighbors etc)
2. Keep it clean, people (I want to be able to post these you know, and my grandma does read this!)
3. All entries must be received by Friday, September 5th at 5pm CST.
4. Obviously, it is best if it is a full song, but if you just can't, partials will be accepted.
5. Make sure you tell me what song you are parodying

My colleagues and I will vote for the best and the winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to www.amazon.com! Yes, I will also publish all the parodies (as long as they are appropriate) on my blog (that means good publicity for your blog!)

I am so excited to read these! (by the way, I don't have a lot of commenters, although I do have a fair number of lurkers. There may not be a lot of entries, unless the lurkers come out- which I hope they do. All that to say that your odds are better here.)

Have fun!

8 comments:

joolee said...

oooooh, goody goody gumdrops! I'm on vacation! No need to feel guilty pouring over song lyrics for hours on end:) Just hope I can meet the deadline.

I like books:)

Rachel said...

Oh, the pressure! What if I don't win? What if nobody likes my parody? What if I totally embarrass myself? I don't think I can handle to mounting stress. I think I'll just not participate and blame it on pregnancy hormones and seasonal allergies!

The Three 22nds said...

Oh Rachel, no one is going to hate your parody! And you are in the country...perfect parody material!

you can always have your huband write it :)

Unknown said...

ok I might try...but it will be bad..no matter what it is!

The Three 22nds said...

I was going to write a really bad one...but Julie said I can't win...immediate family and employees of the blog not eligible or something...

-N

Unknown said...

so does that mean I can't win? Cause I think I am immediate family?!? That would relieve some pressure!

The Three 22nds said...

No Karla, you can win. Just Noah can't because he is a judge.

The Three 22nds said...

I've also been known to sleep with the Head Judge.

-N