Tuesday, August 26, 2008

4 very different items

1. I have been meaning to post this picture of Roman. I love how he is studying Lightning McQueen so intently.

2. I worked until 3:30am this morning, so I only got a couple hours of sleep. When I sleep that little it is imperative that the boys and I have a plan for the day, otherwise I lay around and they do headstands on the couches. (I do have a picture, but I don't have it loaded up. How lame is that.) Anyway, today was our first day Park Hopping! It was so fun! We met up with our friends Becki and Bethany and went to 2 great new parks and had a picnic lunch too. We were intending to go to 3 or 4 parks, but we had such a good time at the ones we were at- great atmosphere, fun people, nice scenery. (ahhh...it is a pity that my humor is lost on my children. That is why I blog).

3. I love working night shifts, I really do, but you do miss out on sleep. I have discovered some things about myself that Noah discovered in college. A. If I am up for 24 hours, and only can lay down for a 2 hour nap, it is not even worth it. I feel so nauseated and horrible when I wake up that I would rather just eat more starbursts. B. 3 hours works for me. Obviously it is not optimal, but if I get up after 3 I only feel miserable for a little bit. C. I can feel great and fully functional on 4, but not for days on end. Noah is kind of on the same page hours wise as me. What about you all? What is the magic functioning number for you?

4. Lastly, be watching. My 200th post is coming up and I am going to host a really fun contest. Start getting some creative juices flowing!

5 comments:

hcomstock said...

I would love to meet you all at a park sometime with our puppy! He is starting to get bigger, at least to me he seems to be, other people still think he is little! We'll have to find a park between us. Saturdays usually work well for me if you aren't working! Jason works on Sat's though.

Heather of the EO said...

I'm finding I can survive on little to no sleep. By survive I mean walk around all sleepy and grumpy with a fog in my head. But I get used to it :)
I only feel good if it's over five hours!
You're extra funny when you're tired!

New Adventures said...

I found out in college that I can do alright on no sleep for a few days, but other than that my own rule of thumb is 4 hours. If I can't get 4 hours then I may as well stay up. Don't even try to wake me up after only 2 (and even 3)...just a very bad idea!!

Unknown said...

I am a complete wimp when it comes to sleep(: Well I guess I can function ok on 4-5 hours but I hate waking up in the mornings and I hate to go to bed at night(:

Lesley said...

What a cute picture! And thanks for your "2 cents" -- it's funny because after much thought, I decided a couple days ago to just wait this one out and let the baby come when he's good and ready and not according to my own timetable or schedule. It's hard to be patient but you're right -- inductions are so fun and I'm convinced that when I got induced with my last daughter, it was as painful and agonizing as it was because it was artificially started.
So, I'm trying to be patient here! :)
Were you induced with any of your boys and if so, how did it go?