Monday, August 25, 2008

Why I have been neglecting my blog

Top 10 reasons for my silence:

1. I have been planning an elaborate fall meal plan, complete with recipes, shopping lists and have already started preparing the meat for quick meals.

2. I have been pre planning my fall Sunday School lessons so I won't be caught scrambling Saturday night - or Heaven forbid, Sunday morning.

3. I have been diligently studying for my CCRN exam so that I can dazzle my detoxing patients with an amazing grasp of their declining liver function.

4. I have been watering my lawn and harvesting my garden

5. I have been doing tons of fun, educational end of summer activities with my children

6. I have been preparing Deacon's preschool lessons and lining up field trips

7. I have been running diligently- 7 minute miles, here I come!

8. I have been hosting end of summer gatherings full of friends, laughter and good food that I prepared myself.

9. I have been completely decluttering my house and deep cleaning.

10. I have been making a deck and remodel plan for our house.

hmmm...you know what? I can't lie to you. This is bloggyland, after all- the world of truth and confessions. Let me start over.

Top 10 real reasons for my silence:

1. I have been too busy ordering pizza and watching the olympics.

2. I have been trying to find the kid's nightly bible story book

3. I have been working a lot - and not a lot of teaching going on

4. I have been trying to find my cucumbers under the weeds. And the grass... maybe next year?

5. I have been listening to a lot of screaming.

6. I bought the boys markers and new scissors and notebooks for preschool (and cleaning marker off the carpet)

7. I have been walking and running... a little...

8. I hosted one end of summer gathering. I was busy supporting Noah as he made the food.

9. I have been washing the watermelon off the floor. I have been washing the orange juice off the floor. I have been wondering why my floor is always sticky.

10. I have been dreaming about a fancy school room.

5 comments:

joolee said...

You totally had me until #8!! Sounded a tidge too braggy to be true. Love this post....and sooo glad I'm not the only one with a sticky floor. I actually got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed it last week....20 minutes after the kids woke up from naps someone had dropped applesauce all over it:( Why try.

And at least your garden is in the ground! I still have a hollyhock in the pot waiting to be planted:O

Unknown said...

I wish I could have watched the olympics with you...

LS said...

I got a HUGE KICK out of this! I totally thought it was all true until I got to the very end and then I just had to breathe a sigh of relief. Here I was thinking, "How does she do it all? She is AMAZING! Will I ever be that motivated with 3 kids?" I'm glad to hear that you are a real person like the rest of us! I have a lot of screaming and sticky floors here too!

Heather of the EO said...

I didn't fall for it. We must have the same really snappy and sarcastic sense of humor (:

But it did make me feel normal! Thank you.

Heather of the EO said...

I mean "snappy" as in quick and silly, not barking mad kind of snappy. I read that again and thought it might not sound the way I intended. But I have a tendency to over-think things so just ignore me.