Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Country Man

The song, "Country Man" by Luke Bryan has the word "quick" in it. That song is the subject of the newly added poll. The internet has let me down. I wanted to post a good link to the song, but this is currently the best I can find :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5IUACG_FME
Please vote on my poll as many times as you want.

On a side note, I read a blog- http://thepioneerwoman.com/ faithfully. Now, this woman lives on a ranch. My poor husband has been hearing lots of ranch related stories and trivia and he really wants a ranch and a horse. Or even just a big dog and an acre. But he is in optics. And he lives in the suburbs. And he is a geek. So this parody is here to make him feel better and is no way a slam to country folks. Or to people with garage door openers. So to the man who refuses to be defined by what he does or where he lives- enjoy! (you should listen to Country Man first so the catchy tune will be playing through your mind as you read my lyrics)


Optics Man
I need a man who is well read
To come and warm me up in my sleep-number bed
You keep me amused with all your charm
You can't get that kind of culture down there on a farm
Hey you're an optics man a rancher can't do the things you can
You can make your own lasers and you're Pi's biggest fan
Hey baby you're an optics man
You've got a grill with a propane tank
The neighbors all can smell your amazing steaks
Your closets are loaded with physics tees
No matter what we're doing, you aim to please
Hey you're a suburb man, a farmer can't do the things you can
You can park your small diesel right next to my van
Hey baby you're a suburb man
I like the liberal college educated physics type
and remain clearly skeptical of all the rancher hype
Hey you're a geeky man you can school me in Settlers and take all my land
I had to move quick, you were in high demand
Hey baby you're a geeky man
Hey you're a suburbs man you didn't have to search far to find a hot girlfriend
I love to come and join you where our street dead ends
Hey baby you're an optics man
Hey baby you're a geeky man

5 comments:

Unknown said...

nice song j....I also found a much better Country Man youtube video- one that I could actually understand.

Anonymous said...

yeah, you need a good link to the song...Alvin singing country? gack. actually, the picture is worse than the sound.

Anonymous said...

Julie-you wrote that song? pretty clever! i keep enjoying the blogs! keep them up.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is a great new song. You should put it on utube, only don't dress up like Alvin...make it more like "Another day in Paradise" by Phil V.

hcomstock said...

haha, that is very clever of you! I like Karla's comment, because I did the same thing, lol.