Friday, November 14, 2008

Noah is Funny (and so are the boys)

Deacon once asked if Mommy was silly. Noah said "your mother is a lot of things, but silly isn't one of them."

I am rarely silly.

And if I am, the boys laugh and Noah gives me his one eyebrow lift look.

So I try to stick with just being occasionally funny. And it is usually just funny in my own head.

And Noah is kind of funny.

But never silly.

The boys are both.

Real Life Conversations at Our House:

Julie- "what should we get your dad for his birthday?"
Deke- "I think he may like a gun. But I am not sure why he would need one. It is not like he goes out into the forest to shoot bears or anything."
J- "yeah, he really doesn't, does he?"

Julie- "we need to make Daddy's birthday cakes."
D- "what are we going to put on them? John Deers?"
J- "I don't know if Daddy likes John Deere"
R-"oh, he does." (with a knowing, earnest look)

Julie- "Remember, it is Daddy's birthday tomorrow."
D- "Is he going to be a Grandpa now?"
J-" No, turning 30 doesn't make you a grandpa. He won't be a grandpa until one of you has a baby."
D- "I just don't know who I should marry."
J- "That's ok, you don't have to decide now."
D- "Why, because I don't have to choose anyone because I am not a grownup yet?"
J- "right"
D- "I think I will marry Erica (his aunt)"
J- "I don't think that will work, sweetie"
D- "Yeah, I kind of don't think I will grow up fast enough for that."


from the backseat:

D- "Where do you think we are going out to eat for Daddy's birthday?"
J- "I don't know. He gets to pick" (notice the lack of silliness. And funniness.)
D- "I hope it is Green Wind Meals!" (Green Mill)
R- "How about Space Aliens!" (said with a slightly scary hiss)
D- "Daddy is not going to want to go there! I hope he doesn't want to go to Taco Bells." (yes, he always adds an 's' to Taco Bell)
D- "mom, can you tell him that I like everything on the menu at the King place?"
J- "Burger King?"
D- "Yes"
D again- "What is the name of that fish place?"
J- "Long John Silvers"
D- sighs. "What a great name."




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These conversations are too funny! I love the one about Noah being a Grandpa and Deacon getting married. :-) I'm glad turning 30 doesn't make you a grandparent.

Happy Birthday Noah!

Anonymous said...

Julie, these conversations cracked me up. What funny boys!

Noah, happy birthday!

Sally

Heather of the EO said...

I just love what these wee ones have to say. You just NEVER know what might come up next.

I love the "I don't think I'll grow up fast enough for that." That's so great. The problem is NOT that she's his aunt, but that he can't grow fast enough...too cute.