Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Write Posts in My Head

I have a lot of posts written in my head, but I haven't had time to get them typed.

I have a lot of pictures on my camera, but I don't know how to get them to my computer.

Well, I kind of do.

But not knowing how to put stuff on the computer is my one indulgence.

It is the one thing that I am not in charge of.

Noah is in charge of it.

The only responsibilities I have chosen to completely forgo in our home are getting media on my ipod and dealing with the camera in any way other then picking it up and shooting pictures. Once the pictures are on the computer I am responsible for them, but as long as they are on the camera they are out of my hands.

I love saying to him sweetly when he gets home, "Noah, will you please fill my ipod with interesting stuff and then will you please get the pictures that are on the camera blog ready?"

And you know what? I think he likes the responsibility.

(and this way he can innocently and casually put all the sermons he thinks I should hear right onto my playlist)

5 comments:

joolee said...

hehe. funny. I've found it's not that I can't do the things I have decided to completely forgo, it's that if I do them more than once they will automatically be added to MY list of responsibilities. Which is why I pretend I don't know where the garbage can or the light bulbs are kept.

The Three 22nds said...

Exactly!

Rachel said...

I feign ignorance about where all the batteries are kept! And small hand tools.

New Adventures said...

One of my favorites is that I'm "too short" to put the tuperware away on the top shelf, to change light bulbs, to change the batteries in the smoke detectors, etc. Yes, I am completely able to find something to stand on, but why?

Billi Jo said...

Seems to me that brilliant minds think alike…I too forgo information pertaining to the garbage, batteries, and light bulbs, oh and filling the vehicles with gas.