Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Austy is made out of cheese!

I think it has been established in this blog that our house is a little on the chaotic side. Trying to juggle 1 full time job, 1 part time job, 3 preschoolers, volunteerism, home remodeling projects, yard work, car repairs...well, you get the idea.

The first thing to go is always sleep.

I worked 4 out of the last 5 nights. It may have been too much.

Noah's mom talks about the times during school where he would be talking formulas and equations in his sleep. That is dreaming about what you are doing in life.

But the other night I was DOING the thing that I normally only DREAM about.

Frequently in my dreams I am trying to dial a number on the phone. And I just can't do it. I start and I don't completely push in one of the digits, or I can't remember it. So the other evening Noah comes in, says I have a message on the phone from staffing and asks if he can dial the number for me. I could not remember the number. I just remember feeling this panicky frustration as I tried to say the numbers in the right sequence and I just could not get my brain and my mouth and those 9 digits to line up! It was exactly like in my dreams. The same inadequacy. The same feelings. I had to get out of bed and walk downstairs, calm down and dial it myself to make it work. I asked Noah today if it had really happened. Apparently it did.

So this morning Roman comes flying downstairs and asks me, "what is the name of the Backyardigan's movie where Tasha, Austy an Uniqua are made out of cheese?" Deacon and I questioned him further, having never heard of such a thing in all our lives. I tried to explain that they are actually computer animation, but he would have none of it. "No, mom. There is a movie where they are made out of cheese. And the Veggietales were there. But not Bob."

I suspected a dream and suggested this to him. His eyes brightened an he said, "Oh yes, maybe the Backyardigans were having a dream!" He just wasn't buying it.

There is no more points to the dream stories.

I just have a couple more statements since I haven't blogged for awhile.

*I just remembered that I am supposed to bring a lovely breakfast dish for Bible Study tomorrow. Personally, I love doughnuts, but these ladies scoff at them. Can I manage to not cave under the pressure and actually just bring doughnuts without fruit?

*Our basement room passed its 1st 2 inspections. The whole inspection thing was actually kind of a letdown. One of those scenerios where you overprepare and they barely look at anything. And you know you should just keep your mouth shut, but you want to yell, "will you look at this? Will you admire this? Will you measure this and see how exactly perfect this is? Will you acknowlege that we followed the 10 pages of code exactly?"

*I have all of these projects that I want to get done before it gets cold. Why did I wait until the Indian summer in November to realize that it is now or never? Probably because it is now or never.

*Today I discovered that 1 of the tiny tootsie pops does not have enough suckability to last the whole time that it takes a mommy to vote. I did get them out of there before anyone yelled at them though.

*I think that I have eaten more calories in halloween candy today then I burned off during my 4 mile run. This.is.very.bad.

*I just painted my front door. I am taking guesses as to the color. Think backwards mullet.

Ok, I need to stop. I am now making jokes that only make sense to me in my strange little world.

2 comments:

joolee said...

I think any day that a person has run 4 miles can hardly be labeled bad. Unless I ran the 4 miles......then it could be labeled any of the following......comical, sad, entertaining, or maybe even.....impossible. Skip the fruit and just bring the doughnuts, but beware....the women who don't run 4 miles may end up hating you and your athletic figure and surprising calorie consumption.

Anonymous said...

LOL.

I liked all the tidbits at the end.