Thursday, November 13, 2008

Generosity

Noah is a very generous person. He likes to give gifts, give money, spend money etc.

And he likes me to spend money.

You see, I am very frugal. And he isn't.

So getting me to spend money on myself helps make him feel less guilty about the stuff he buys.

It is a totally healthy relationship.

Anyway, he is afraid to buy me roses on Valentine's Day because he knows that me knowing that he bought them at such an exorbitant price, using OUR money would ruin V. Day for me.

But before we were married it was ok, because it wasn't OUR money, it was HIS money and flowers for me seemed a better purchase than more accessories for his Jesse Ventura doll.

On my 16 birthday he brought me 2 roses. A red one and a white one.

We weren't really dating, he just thought I should have roses. I think it was a well calculated move. If things ever did end up working out, it would be a positive start to the relationship, and if things didn't really work out he was probably only out like 6 bucks or something.

So that is what he tends to buy if he buys roses. A red one and a white one.

But he doesn't usually buy roses. He usually buys cheaper flowers.

You know what?

They are just as pretty, just as thoughtful and it definitely leaves more money for Chipotle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

smart move Noah...and have you gotten rid of that Jesse Venture doll, yet?

The Three 22nds said...

Nope. My Governor Jesse doll is still riding the speeder bike at work. Matt the drafter's Navy SEAL Jesse doll is manning the machine gun and keeping him company.

:)