Saturday, November 8, 2008

I haven't been tagged, but...

I thought this was kind of a fun one...

10 years ago I was


1. Sitting through Microbiology class listening to a teacher who said, "not to flog a dead horse" in an English accent. Often.

2. Examining cadavers in Structure and Function

3. Taking long walks with Noah discussing our future - if we had a future, if there was a future, if God knows the future, if there would be extraterrestial sitings in our future. Stuff like that.

4. I was 18 and got to vote for the first time!



5 Things on my To Do list today

1. Hover over Noah while he works on electrical stuff in the basement. Just to make sure he doesn't get electrocuted. He was working on it when I left for work the other night. I worried all night that he would get electrocuted and the boys would go look for him and they would get electrocuted too and I would come home to find N, D and R dead in the basement and Lincoln screaming in his crib because he can't get out. And he wouldn't have known that his lack of climbing ability had saved his little life. And that, my friends, would have been a definite turn for the worse in the story of my life.

2. Run

3. Watch "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" with the boys while eating popcorn.

4. Laundry. I have no lights in the basement, so I need to get all my laundry done during daylight hours or by flashlight. Since I do laundry 24/7 this could be tricky, and we may be dressed kind of sketchily for the next few days. As if that would be a change.

5. Sort through 3 crates of papers. I have found that if I stick my papers in a crate without taking care of them, usually by the time I sort the stack there are no more decisions to be made because they are expired offers etc. It works well for me.


5 Things I would Do if I was a Millionaire

1. Buy at least 10 acres and put up a house, a barn and a large play structure.

2. Take Deacon to Australia

That is it. No, I would do some charitable giving, but I am not sure on specifics. I think I would invest the money for a year to give me time to formulate a good, sound financial plan. This is all if I got the money in a lump sum, which is the only way I can forsee becoming a millionaire in my lifetime.

What were you all doing 10 years ago?

5 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

I can't get the spacing right. Sometimes blogger is so irritating...

The Three 22nds said...

Some times it's good to know a tiny bit of html code. :)

-N

PS
Fixed

Matt said...

10 years ago was 1998, so I would have been in the first half of my junior year in high school - prophesizing what I would be doing in 10 years (actually I did that in 9th grade, and later found what I wrote, "I'll be a computer engineer"... I didn't realize what a software engineer was - but I figure that was close enough).

Anonymous said...

Ten years ago I was eight and just starting to get my feet wet in the boundless sea of fastpitch softball. :)

Anonymous said...

1998...i was probably just finishing up with my JV basketball season under the coaching of J. Glasgow. we had a smaller JV team but I still didn't get too much playing time. that's okay though...i probably got more on JV than playing varsity.
you probably could have also found me participating in every single extracurricular club i could possibly be in, right jenni? :)