Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Survey

I got this survey from a friend via email...


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?


Paper- I like glitzy with lots of bow and ribbons. Last year I used old retro paper someone gave me. It saved me a lot of money. I am not sure which route I will go this year.


2. Real tree or Artificial?


Real Tree. I like artificial, but Noah puts his foot down :)


3. When do you put up the tree?


Early to mid December. Due to the ages and destructiveness of a certain child (who broke eggs on the kitchen floor today while I was changing the laundry around), it may be quite late this year.


4. When do you take down the tree?


As soon as possible after Christmas! I am kind of a scrooge.


5. Do you like egg nog?


I can take it or leave it.



6. Favorite gift received as a child?


I guess there are none that stand out as so much better then any others. I got the sweater with the puffy polar bears on it one year. We got doll cribs one year. I got this armitron thing once that you could pick up things with it and move them other places. I liked that.



7. Do you have a nativity scene?


Yes. It is ceramic and Noah and I painted it ourselves. He did the cow and the donkey and I did everything else.


8. Hardest person to buy for?


Noah is hard. His family is harder :) No offense, guys.



9. Easiest person to buy for?

The boys because they just love new things.
My sisters because they don't buy much for themselves.
My mom because she has so many interests.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail. Because it seems right. I suppose supporting the postal service is a good thing. BTW, my photo cards are already ordered. It is the one thing I am ahead on this year.


11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I am actually easy to shop for. I like most things and don't complain about my gifts. I also don't return things. It is a GIFT for crying out loud. No one OWES me anything. So who cares if it is not perfect?


12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

It's a Wonderful Life

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Not that comes to mind.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

I like a small portion of Rommegrut. Cranberry fluff (especially for breakfast) and cookies.

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

colored

16. Favorite Christmas song?

Mary Did You Know

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Usually go to my parents close by. Sometimes we will make the trek to Iowa, but the 3 little boys make it a lot of work.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

Yes. And all the states too. Which is more important?

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Both and several other times too.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year.

Everything. Like I said, I am kind of a scrooge. I like the holidays, but they require so much EXTRA WORK, EXTRA STRESS and EXTRA MONEY. I liked them more when I was younger and I could sit around and eat cookies all day and do puzzles.

21. Favorite ornament theme or color?

Noah and I both have a lot of ornaments from our childhoods that we like to talk about every year as we put them on the tree. I like mine from my Great Aunt Hazel. Tradition is to eat chinese after we decorate the tree.

22. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?

Didn't I already answer this? It doesn't matter. Really, anything is fine by me.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?

Lap top, Keen shoes, socks with no holes, a telephone that doesn't keep falling apart. I don't need any of those things though. All I really need is to somehow figure out a way to keep my sanity for the next month!

As always, feel free to leave your own interesting answers (maybe not the whole survey :) in the comments section!

3 comments:

New Adventures said...

I just had to comment on the "worst Christmas gift". I'm with you on this...I don't expect anything so no matter what I appreciate it. However, it made me think of one gift from when I was 12 or 13. My dad rarely bought presents, it's usually my mom's thing, but my dad bought something for me one year and he was SOOOOO proud!!! My mom didn't even have any idea what it was, but it came in a large box. When I opened it I saw that it was filled with about 2 dozen boxes of pop-tarts!!! My mom laughed and my dad just thought he was the coolest dad ever!!

We had pop-tarts for MONTHS!

Seriously... :)

Anonymous said...

Our tree goes up anytime between Thanksgiving and Dec. 9th(Nancy's B-Day)

Egg Nog; we love it!!! We've been buying it for the last 3 weeks!

Music: Mary Did You Know and for secular music you can't beat Santa Baby and I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas

Most annoying: having to work near a large mall and deal with the traffic at Christmas time, everyday!

Anonymous said...

Since I posted a comment, do I graduate from lurker to reader?