Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Funny Posts and Noah

Noah will turn 30 on Saturday.

It seems so old.

I have been giving him a hard time about it, and I know it is weighing on him a little too.

In honor of his birthday I will be posting about him this week. Feel free to comment! But only nice things, because honestly, turning 30 is hard enough on its own. (not that I know :)

But before I tell my first nice story about him, I will direct you to some funny posts that remind me of us:

First, this post on SCL . Seriously, if you haven't checked out Stuff Christians Like, you should. It is incredibly funny and very true. The post I linked has a conversation between the author and his wife in it. That is pretty much how every conversation about money goes in our house. Also, by the way, I really need one of the side hug tee shirts...

And then there is the charmingly fictitious Cordy, Seth, Chris and the whole Mormon love triangle. Man, if it wasn't a love triangle and if it wasn't Mormon it could totally be Noah and I during highschool and college. The drama, the miscommunications, the ultimatums, the attempts to be cool and not care...are you kidding me? This is compelling reading! I just try to block out the similarities...

There are a few things I remember from elementary school, and these are two of them:

1. Joolee's brother was a grade older than me (the same grade as Noah). One day I heard him say that he couldn't stand it when girls wore side ponytails. He thought they looked ridiculous. I never wore a side ponytail after that, and everytime I see someone wearing one I remember that comment like it was yesterday. (I am linking you like crazy, Joolee- Did you notice? I link people who comment :)

2. One day I was over at Noah's house and we were playing hotspot out in the yard. I had never played before and I did something against the rules inadvertently. One of the other kids jumped all over it and I was starting to feel really stupid. Noah stepped in, defended me and put an end to the other kids comments. I would have married him then, but we were only like 10 and stuff and I don't think things would have ended so well.

Anyway, love you Noah! Happy 4 days before your birthday! Thank you for the ways you protect me and defend me, even when I insist I don't need it!

3 comments:

joolee said...

30 doesn't just seem old. It IS old. Break out the wrinkle cream and supportive undergarments Noah.....oh wait....never mind. Guys have it sooooooo easy!

Thanks for all the "linky love." Too bad I don't have any fabulous posts to link to:(

Anonymous said...

I remember the time when Noah was about 15 and I was 12 and we went camping and Noah finally admitted to me that he liked you Julie. And I felt so grown up that my big brother would confide in me (although given that everyone knew about you two, maybe it wasn't such a big deal). :-)

The Three 22nds said...

Naw, that was a big deal. Even though everyone knew, there were only a few people on admission status.

Looking back, that may not make a lot of sense...but all's well that ends well right? :)