Thursday, October 30, 2008

When The Baby Goes Out with the Bathwater

If you've been following my twitter (which, yes, I am still get a lot of eyerolling over twittering. Can he not get that I HAVE NO ADULTS TO TALK TO ALL DAY?! I am secretly glad that Todd has been here for the last week just because I feel like at least I have some back up even if he is just here to work on the basement.)

Ok, that was some major run on sentencing.

So, if you have been following my twitter you know that I have been decluttering. I threw out a stack of note paper that said, "Wise Men Still Seek Him" on the top of it. My 2nd grade sunday school teacher, Bruce Fixen, gave that paper to me when I was in 2nd grade. Yes he did. And I still have it. But now I don't. Aren't you proud of me for recycling it? Or do you want to cut all ties with me because I am such a loser in the first place?

Anyway, I put a large stack of stuff out for lupus the other day. My neighbor had brought some stuff down too, so it was quite a large stack.

My lawnmower was also sitting out.

They took that too.

We didn't want them to.

Actually, that is not quite true. Our lawnmower was inherited from the past owners of our house who had gotten it second hand from someone else. So we have had it for 4 1/2 years and that, I am sure, was only a fraction of its life. I have wanted a new one for 4 1/2 years but it always ends up on the bottom of the "to be purchased" list.

So when we were setting the stuff out for Lupus, Noah said, "you aren't going to move the mower, are you? You secretly want them to take it. Don't you?"

And I laughed and said, "I am not intending for them to take it. But lets just say I wouldn't call and demand it back if they did."

And then we both agreed that they would never take it because it is old, rusty and falling apart.

But they did.

And we are glad.

4 comments:

Matt said...

AHAHAHA!! That's hilarious, I can't believe they took your lawnmower! I was shocked at first, but if you guys are happy about it, then congrats - I'm sure there are some great end-of-season sales at stores, or craigslist.

Anonymous said...

No fair! I was thinking maybe we could borrow your mower for one quick last mow of the year since we don't have one yet and will be living around the corner. What are we going to do now?!?! If you do find any good end of the year sales, let us know.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

who/what is lupus?