Monday, October 20, 2008

What Do You Think About This?

I am thinking about getting rid of my highchair. Each of my kids was only in it for a couple months- until I got tired of tripping over it in the kitchen and stuck them in the booster seat.


I am thinking of getting rid of my 0-3 month clothes. I have 3 bins and a bag of "newborn" stuff, clothes, blankets, carriers, diaper bag, cloth diapers. Surely a child could get by on 3 sleepers and a pack of onesies and 2 blankets, don't you think?


I am thinking about getting rid of my bouncy seat. Bouncy seats are great for 1st borns, but not so great for subsequent children. They get warped and they are too close to siblings hands.

I am thinking about getting rid of my maternity clothes. Surely I won't gain as much weight next time and I can get by on my post maternity clothes and maybe like 2 tops, right?

I am thinking about getting rid of all of Noah's toys that he bought in college. Only I think I may be getting rid of a husband if I do that.

I am thinking about getting rid of half my regular clothes. I don't really need them since all I wear is workout pants anyway.

I am thinking about getting rid of 75% of the toys. Deacon certainly doesn't play with them. He just follows me around all day and asks questions.

What else can I purge tonight? Puzzles? Games? Altoid tins? Poems from the 5th grade?

We will see...

9 comments:

Kim said...

I am thinking about getting rid of a lot of that stuff too, but I know that I'm not ready to shut the door on more kids, and quite frankly, I couldn't afford to buy it all again if I did.

Except the toys. Considering I took a huge spill onto the hardwood floors after stepping on a Shake and Go Lightning McQueen car the other day, I am ready to get rid of all of them! Want some?

Matt said...

So did you get rid of a lot of those things, or find tighter ways to pack them (lately I feel that I've just been packing tighter :-)

Anonymous said...

Our church is collecting gently used winter outer wear (not just coats) for a ministry in the inner city. They also take toiletry items. They will even take things like shampoo that has been opened, but you didn't like the scent or the effect of the product. They also accept hotel sizes. If you purge anything you'd like to donate, let me know. Unfortunately they are not accepting toys, games, Altoid tins, etc :)

The Three 22nds said...

I just purged a bunch of Altoids tins and little plastic boxes that are so great for putting small things in. But I guess I don't have that many small things that need little boxes.

-N

Unknown said...

Oh Noah...but I have my new settlers game that needs little boxes(:
Julie don't get rid of too many clothes cause I am still counting on you having baby #4 sometime

The Three 22nds said...

Can you believe that this is the first I've been online today?! How rare is that?

I will give an update soon...

and yes, Matt, mostly I think I am just tightly packing things, which is not the intent!

And, Kim, I have been there with the whole L. Mcqueen thing. Seriously, that guy has a huge 3 year old cult following. He should run for president.

Anonymous said...

That would only work if 3 year olds could vote.

carrhop said...

I love your header photo! It is so cute!

Good luck with the baby gear decision--I've gotten rid of lots over the years...and purchased more when I've found myself pregnant again! ;o)

Blessings!

LS said...

I would get of most of the baby clothing but keep the maternity clothes and the bouncy seat unless you are completely sure you won't be having more children. You will wish for some variation in maternity clothes as they get old fast and the bouncy chair is a lifesaver for getting a chance to go potty now and then. I use it alot when I'm able to supervise that the older kids won't launch him!
We've never had a real highchair. Those high chair boosters that strap to a chair are awesome!