Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Helpful, Deacon, Very Helpful

My friend was over today. We were talking about the smashing good deals that she used to get at CVS. She mentioned how she was practically kicked out of there. And then said something about frozen pizza. Deacon kept interrupting. Finally he blurts out. "You should really try Wal Mart (what he calls Target). They don't kick people out there and they have diapers AND frozen pizzas!"

I think he missed the point. I know he missed the point. He is still appalled at her being "kicked" out of a store. And he is sure his solution is best.

My friend was over because I had watched her daughter this morning for a little while. It was such a delight! Girls are so different from boys!

But as I sat there with my 4 1/2 and 3 year old boys, the 2 year old girl and my 16 month old I finally saw a glimpse of a light at the end of the tunnel (yeah, I purposely said "a light" instead of "the light"). They all sat and played duplos for a 1/2 hour with only 2 minor skirmishes. I thought, "this is how people can survive daycare kids. This is how they can have a lot of their own kids! They don't stay babies (ie: lego structure destroyers) forever!"

So this evening I was going to fold laundry, shred documents, clean the kitchen and finish my birth control post (I know it is way past due. But I have like 5 excuses). Oh, yeah, and brown my 6 pounds of hamburger. But having had only a couple of hours of sleep last night I crashed at 7pm. So much for getting anything done.

Ok, that was a boring update. But I did think Deacon's comment was funny. And I need to see those glimpses of light. By the way, if you ever have a problem of any kind, Deacon will have a solution for you. And he will probably offer it unsolicited.

5 comments:

joolee said...

Dear Deacon,
I have a problem for you to solve. My kids always take the pillowcases off of their pillows to use them as sleeping bags and/or fill them with toys. It's driving me crazy. Help!

From,
Distraught in Duluth

The Three 22nds said...

Dear Distraught in Duluth,

Let your kids do what they want. Come to my house and I will tell you that my brother Roman takes off his pillowcase and my mom just lets him sleep without a pillowcase.

Wishing you a pillowcaseless sleep,
Deacon

Heather of the EO said...

Dear Deacon,
My 3 yr old won't stop bopping his 1 yr old brother on the head. Constantly. Please advise.

From,
Desperate in St Paul

The Three 22nds said...

Dear Desperate,

You should sp*nk him and send him to his room. Please do what I say.

Wishing you a bop-free existence,
Deacon

(note from mommy editor...we don't do any of that here)

Heather of the EO said...

Deacon, you're a tough guy! Thank you for thinking over our issues. You are a truly gifted thinker.

Love,
Desperate