Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tough Day

It has been another tough day. Do you ever feel like you are just being hit from all sides?

Some things that have helped me today...

Philippians 4:5-7 (New International Version)
5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Actually, the "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.", part has been in my mind. I looked it up and was greatly encouraged by the verses before and after.


I was rocking the boys tonight and Deacon was singing along with his CD,

"My God is so Big! So strong and so Mighty, there's nothing my God can not do. The mountains are his, the rivers are his, the stars are his handiwork too. My God is so Big, so Strong and so Mighty there's nothing my God can not do. For you."


And I was singing to Lincoln, "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I am found, was blind but now I see."

And some funny things that brightened my day,

  • Running around the track and seeing Deacon with his friends, giving him a high five and hearing him (proudly!) tell his friends "That's my mom!"
  • Lincoln pushing his face up to the door to give me a kiss
  • Roman running to me enthusiastically after being apart for 45 minutes
  • Laughing with Noah about our new favorite answer to questions, "Yes. Yes I am" (example, this guy asked me if I was a runner. I had never thought about it like that and so I paused and then said, "Yes. Yes I am". It felt kind of good.)

So what is on the agenda for tonight? And hopefully for a lot of nights?

A lot of prayer. Prayer for our family, prayer for our nation and especially tonight prayer for our hurting friends, Rachel and Paul. "Our God is so big. So strong and so mighty there is nothing our God can not do. For you."

2 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry.
I love how you're still soaking up the small things that bring you some mercy and grace.
Peace,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me...