Sunday, January 4, 2009

500 mile club housekeeping details

I know I have been flaky about this...the 500 mile club started January 1, and I am just getting details out? Not good.

So far (you are welcome to join late) the club members are:
Julie (6 months)
Noah (6 months)
Matt (6 months)
Becki (8 months)
Billi (8 months or did you want 6?)
Karla (8 months)
Josiah (?)
Sandi (?)
Erica (6 months. Probably 3 would be a better goal for her)

The groups resident geek, M@, made a google document for us so that we can update our miles online and it will automatically update our new average per day and all kinds of cool stuff like that. Thanks Matt! It inspires me to run when I can fill in miles on the color coded chart!

Now, Billi asked about exercise class conversions and submitted a conversion chart. I took some things out and left some things. So, here are the finals. If you do some other form of exercise, use your best judgement how it should be recorded. You are on your honor :)

Swimming 1 mile= 4 miles
Biking 4 miles = 1 mile
Running 1 mile = 1 mile
Walking 1 mile = 1 mile
Stair Climbing 10 minutes=1 mile
Rollerblading 15 minutes=1 mile
Exercise Classes 15 minutes=1 mile
Lifting Weights 20 minutes=1 mile
Playing Sports 15-30 minutes= 1 mile depending on sport

*note: the spread sheet already has the swim/run/bike conversions in it. So if you biked 20 miles, enter 20 and it will calculate it down for you and give you 5 miles against your 500. However, if you rollerblade for 30 minutes, just enter 2 miles into the running section to get it counted.

*note 2: since I have been a flake about this, if you haven't yet started you can start now and just plan to go a few days later like Jan 5- July 5 or something.

*note 3: Billi, I will contact you on facebook to get your email so we can send you the document

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I will be a late joiner. I will commit to 500mi/8 months. I'm gonna need the summer to do it! Also, I do not have a Facebook account, so maybe you can just pass along my email address instead?

Anonymous said...

i would also like to join late. i already contacted M@ and i'm added to the spread sheet. i'm still deciding on 500 miles/7 or 8 months. i was glad to see 1/2 your family last weekend!