Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another Parody

I am going to post these in alphabetical order by first name. These 2 are from my sister Erica. She makes them up while she runs (she is about a month away from her marathon- not her first). She doesn't read my blog, but maybe she will if I tell her that her songs are on here :) These song lyrics are true. I have seen the table and the car. We really like the second one especially. Enjoy, and Erica, thanks for entering!

to the tune of on top of old smokey:

On top of my table
all covered with gunk
I lost all my marbles for keeping such junk
Now storing's a pleasure
and throwing's a grief
the garbage collector's
worse than a thief.



To the tune of I've got a mule...

I've got a car, she's really sweet
100,000 miles on minnesota streets
The AC broke so you can feel the heat
100,000 miles on minnesota streets.
I fixed her mirror one fall day
with gorilla glue and duct tape grey
And now I see every car in sight
from Bloomington to Spring Lake Park
Whoa no bridge detour ahead
Whoa little kid, watch out for that ped
And to never miss an exit is really quite a feat
if you've ever navigated on Minnesota streets.

2 comments:

joolee said...

So the extreme athleticism runs in the family!? Cute parodies:)

Anonymous said...

i don't know the song "i've got a mule" can you post a youtube link or something else so i know how it sounds.