Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Why doesn't everything stop during VBS week?

It is amazing that though MY whole focus is related to VBS, not everyone elses is...



Why do my children still think they should eat? (notice I didn't say my husband. He has no such expectations...)


Why does my grass still insist on growing?


Why do people keep getting their clothes dirty and adding them to the ever increasing pile of laundry?


Why do things still get thrown/fall on the floor?

Why are library books still due? (no late fees! I got them there, a day early!)

Why do my flowers still crave water?


Why do the diapers, milk and peanut butter still run out?

And why, oh why, did the people who wrote the triathlon training schedule not know that I would need a break about now?

All that aside, I am so thankful that...

*Noah took Monday off to experience (and help with!) VBS. He has taken care of the boys and has done tons of other jobs to free me up to concentrate on pirates for preschoolers.

*a friend of mine made us a surprise supper today

*my sister came over and read with the boys tonight

*my mom hung out with us this afternoon. Just having an extra adult around relieves stress!

No comments: