Friday, June 6, 2008

Confession: I lose things

These are pictures of the 3 things I haven't lost: My children. Aren't they cute?





I have always lost stuff. It used to be my keys, now it is usually my cell phone or my check book. The nice thing is that now it is not always my fault, although I am still the one that has to do the looking. Last week I was ready to leave somewhere and went to grab my keys. They were gone. Now, I remembered hanging them on their designated hook, so I couldn't figure out what had happened. I looked around at other surfaces I may have thrown them on and pockets where I could have left them. But they weren't there.
I asked Noah. He hadn't seen them. I saw Deacon fly by pretending to be a super hero and on a whim said, "Dekes, have you seen my keys?" "Yeah". He answered. He proceeded to inform me that he had been trying to lock the van doors with them, but couldn't seem to do it. So he just threw them in the van and shut the door. Unfortunantly, unbeknownst to him, he had locked the door. Also unfortunantly, both sets of keys were now inside. I had visions of calling a locksmith to unlock the car parked in our garage...not pretty visions...
Thankfully, I had left the driver's side window open a 1/2 inch- just enough space for Noah to carefully unlock it with an extended wire clothes hanger. I am running out of those...I have used too many lately fishing things out of the drain and unlocking doors...

No comments: