Monday, June 30, 2008

They are watching me!

This morning I was still in our room, enjoying my soft purple sheets on my sleep number bed and trying to forget that my ravenous 3 children were running around my house doing (and eating) who knows what, when Deacon announced to me that it was going to be nice out today.

I asked him how he knew that. He said "don't worry mom, I checked the weather for you. It will be sunny today and the next one. Then it will be rainy and then it will be sunny for 2 more days. It will be in the 80s this week." I was curious. Not curious to pull myself out of bed right that minute and go look at the computer, but curious enough that when I did pull myself out of bed I did go downstairs to check out the weather.

Sure enough, Deacon's forcast was right on, but the computer had been off when I got to the office. He said no one was using it so after he had checked the weather he had shut her down.

Somehow the child who can't read had managed to get to the local news website (not on favorites!) and then had successfully navigated to the weather page and looked at the pictures and the numbers to figure out the 5 day forcast. I think that might be his new job.

He also managed to get some toys into Noah's amazon shopping cart the other day... maybe it is time to put the computer off limits without supervision...but then how would he check the weather for me so that I can lay in bed longer?

2 comments:

joolee said...

I also wouldn't mind my own personal weatherkid giving me the latest forecast as I snuggle in my Simply Shabby sheets adorning my king sized bed. Though I definitely wouldn't need any help adding things to my Amazon cart:(

The Three 22nds said...

LOL!! The flabergasts me. How on earth...this is the same kid that can't always get his baseball glove on the right hand...and can rarely find his shoes...hmm...