Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yep, He's My Son!

I am the one in the family with big dreams.
Big goals.
Big plans.

Well, I was the one anyway.

A couple nights ago I decided to clue Noah in about my well thought out plans for an addition on our house.

You see, he built that deck with his own 2 hands.

And he laid the flooring on the main floor.

And he tiled that bathroom and that countertop.

And he says he is not leaving. Ever.

Well, unless he can take the deck with him.

So, since I kind of like him, I will stay too.

Me and our soon to be 4 kids.

So I made an awesome addition plan for our lot, and a loosely constructed plan for the lot next store- just in case we ever purchase it.

And I was telling him about it.

Deacon caught the excitement and soon took control of the pen and paper.

He added a tennis court.

And a basketball court.

A wiffle ball field.

And a hockey rink.

"Everyone will want to come to our house" he exclaimed.

He added a pole vault.

He added a ski jump.

"And then we can start our own olympics!"

He is still talking about the Olympics he wants to start.

And when I was putting clothes away I found the piece of paper, tucked into the bottom of his pajama drawer.

Maybe someday?

3 comments:

Elise said...

This reminds me so much of when Noah and I were little and started designing our own houses. I'm fairly certain that most of mine contained a home theater, bowling alley and basketball court in the basement as well as a whole system of secret passageways, hidden doors and concealed spiral staircases throughout the house. That would be almost as cool as my own Olympics.

Unknown said...

you know he keeps "important things" in that drawer..he told me about it when I found candy wrappers etc in there. Things he doesn't want you to throw out

Grandma Debbie said...

Always thinking, that boy. You may need more than just the lot next door...

Noah's plans always included a batting cage and shooting range. Next to Deacon's plan that seems pretty modest.