Sunday, November 8, 2009

Controversial Monday: The only true Silver Surfer

Julie was sleeping, so we took our noisy selves to the park.

Where we played football. Such as it was. Deacon likes to direct traffic and spike after touch downs. Roman likes to run with the ball. And Lincoln is my ball-hawking strong safety. He is willing to tackle anyone, jump on any pile, and he cries if someone else gets a ball.

-----------------

We played Super Heroes.

Deacon was Spider-Man, complete with a 5 minute explanation on how, despite having red webs on his left shoe and black webs on his right shoe, he was only the red Spider-Man and never the black Spider-Man or Venom.

Roman was having trouble deciding which character to be. He thought maybe he should be the Golden Surfer, since he was wearing grey. Huh? Yes, you are, so you could be the Silver Surfer. No? "I'll be Deakie Go-Ko, Super-Hero." Okay. "Well, I am wearing grey, so I could be the Golden Surfer." Nooooo...

Anyway.

They were going to make Link be the bad guy, again. I stood up for him. That's what I do. I'm a Super Hero too. Which one they all want to know. I'm the Shadow.

What's your Super Power? Uh, I'm a master of disguise and stealth. Okay.

R: "Shadow 1, get into the rocket ship."

Me: "Shadow 1, what are you talking about?"

R: "Well, I'm wearing grey, so I thought maybe I should be the Shadow 2."

Me: "I thought you were Deakie Go-Ko, Super-Hero?"

R: "Oh, I am. Or maybe I should be the Golden Surfer..."

Link: {ROAR}

R: "AH, the bad Super Hero."

Me: "No, he's the Beast remember, he's a good guy."

Link: {ROAR}

R: "Are you sure? Who's the Beast?"

Me: "I don't really know, but he's one of the X-Men, so he must be a good guy. He probably growls a lot. Like Link."

Link: {ROAR}

Me: {ROAR}

D: "But who's going to be the bad guy?"

Me: "We'll have to use our imaginations."

R: "They're invisible bad guys!"

Me: [to myself] "Wow, that's awfully concrete for a game this far out there. That kid is a lot like me."

Me: [to them] "Yes, invisible bad guys, that's what makes them so bad and hard to catch."

---------------------

Scenario: the motley team of Supers Deakie Go-Ko, red Spider-Man, the Shadow and the Beast head to Mars in their rocket ship to rescue a dog who has been kidnapped by bad guys.

R: "Set coordinates for Mars. We have to save the puppy from the bad guys."

D: "Yeah, he's being held by four bad guys, who are a lot stronger than him. He's a bull dog, but he's just a puppy, a cute little puppy, and they kidnapped him."

Me: "Well we'd better get moving; I'm setting coordinates for Mars."

We deploy down the slides and rescue the dog. I suggest I use my stealthy ability to sneak into the dungeon: I start sneaking. Deakie Go-Ko, Super-Hero agrees: "We're coming puppy!!!"

We rescue the apparently terrorized and over-match puppy from the bad guys, who apparently left their post because we didn't encounter them on Mars. Scarcely are we back to our rocket ship when Roma...I mean Deakie Go-Ko, Super-Hero gets a call.

R: We need to set coordinates for Pluto. There is a lost kitty there who stuck on a bad guy's ship and can't find his way back home.

Me: Alright, let's go help him out.

R: Well, he's stuck because he's on Pluto and his home is on Satur-an.

Me: Okay, we'll get the little guy home to Saturn-an. Setting coordinates for Pluto.

Details are somewhat fuzzy from there. My brain was over-drawn. We deployed down the slides again. I had to lift the baby kitty from where he was trapped in the baby swing. We did get him back to Satur-an. From there we had another mission, this time to California.

After California I decided that the Beast had had it enough inter-stellar travel, and it was probably time for Julie to get up anyway.

-------------------

Lincoln crashed tonight on the couch with me watching SNF and was out quite quickly. Deacon and Roman came down and saw the sleeping Beast.

D: "Too bad he's asleep, we were going use him as the Royal Cat." [I was somewhat surprised Roman wasn't in that role, but I bit my tongue.]

R: "Oh well, I guess we'll have to have invisible Royal Cats."

Concrete meet fantasy. Oh, I see you're already acquainted...

2 comments:

Not really Contro.Monday said...

Roman just made me think of this from Crimson Tide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNqZRymNmM

(Does contain one S-word, only relevent content is in first minute of clip).

The Three 22nds said...

That is really funny, sweetie. I am glad you played with them. Mommy Spiderman is not nearly as fun as "The Shadow".