Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Three kinds of people

My coworkers and I, had a conversation that was too long and geeky to relate in its entirety. But we came to a conclusion. There are three kinds of people in the world.

When encountering a knob, the first type will not touch the knob. They're perhaps scared or lack confidence, or maybe just not interested.

The second type will examine the situation and possbily turn the knob if they can figure out what's going on, or at least be reasonably sure what happens if they do.

The third....and here Julie broke in..."is Roman!...and I said, "Yes! The third type doesn't pause or ponder, they just spin the knob!"

For the record, I'm type 2. I'm an engineer. I try to figure out how to fix things, but I also try not to break them.

Julie is a type 2/type 3. Deacon is a type 1/type 2. Link might be a pure type 3 like Roman, I'm not sure.

What are you?

7 comments:

Elise said...

If it's in my house I'm probably a 2, if it belongs to someone else, I'm a 1

The Three 22nds said...

are you kidding me?!? I am not a 3! I am a very careful person that doesn't do anything unless I fully research it.

Genna said...

I'm type 1/type 2. I like to know that what I'm doing won't mess anything up or make anyone mad at me. If I can make a judgment that nothing bad will happen, I'll do it. But sometimes I lack the confidence to make the judgment.

Cleaning up after type 3 said...

Julie, you are mostly type 2, but you are type 3 when you tear something up and figure that I'll figure out how to put it back together.

Anonymous said...

i call mine link too. and he's my #3. how old is yours?

New Adventures said...

Hmmm...sounds like either you have read (or should read) Who Moved My Cheese. Your post sounded strangely familiar. Read the book if you haven't already - it's a super quick read.

Bobby said...

I think you left one out. Those types of people that are in fact knobs. ie...that would be you for having this conversation in the first place.