Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nighttime Lessons

This is the crib.
This is the crib in the room.
This is the crib in the room where Lincoln used to sleep.
This is the crib in the room where Lincoln used to sleep when he was tired.
This is the crib in the room where Lincoln used to sleep when he was tired of climbing out of it.

This is the top bunk.
This is the top bunk in the room.
This is the top bunk in the room where Lincoln sleeps.
This is the top bunk in the room where Lincoln sleeps when he is tired.
This is the top bunk in the room where Lincoln sleeps when he is tired of climbing.

This is Lincoln.
This is Lincoln asleep.
This is Lincoln asleep in the top bunk.
This is Lincoln asleep in the top bunk which he climbed up to.
This is Lincoln asleep in the top bunk which he climbed up to with no ladder.


This is mom.
This is mom afraid.
This is mom afraid that her baby will fall.
This is mom afraid that her baby will fall so she did some renovations.
This is mom afraid that her baby will fall so she did some renovations so it would not happen again.

note: I have no pictures of me looking afraid. Me not looking at the camera. Yes. Me eating. Yes. Me talking. Yes. Me looking afraid. No. Use your imagination.

2 comments:

Billi Jo said...

Aaagggghhh c’mon mom lighten up a little bit, just cuz he’s the baby doesn’t mean he’ll stay that way. tehehe. Someday, I’ll have to show you the “loft” where I find my baby every chance she gets.

Lesley said...

LOL...I can understand your fear with the top bunk. I had the same problem with my Kayley, and we finally took the bunks apart. She still isn't the best about staying in bed, though. We've tried just about everything you can imagine. One thing that actually worked for awhile was putting her pack and play on top of her bed which sounds dangerous but really isn't because it was against the wall on one side and against the guard rail on the other side. Being higher up made her more scared to climb out. That worked for about a month or so. But now she's not scared anymore and will cimb out. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks for your swim story -- it was very interesting :) It inspired me to keep swimming and maybe one day, I will finally build up some endurance and be able to swim longer without having to stop and huff and puff. No, I did not swim competitively or in high school or pretty much ever, except for gym class. Sam was on the swim team growing up and so he has given me tips and critiuqed me at the pool to help me out. He can just swim and swim without stopping and I just don't know how he does it.

I, too have been trying to work on bilateral breathing but I don't have it down yet. It feel so awkward to me after always breathing on the same side. But, I'm going to keep trying because I find that my neck gets sore when I stick to one side.

I am like you and think that the mental part is huge. It's the only thing that keeps me going. I have to keep motivating myself and saying things like, "okay, one more lap, then use a kickboard for awhile." I talk to myself the whole time I swim which is probably pretty weird. :) The hardest part is just getting to the pool but by the time I'm there, I'm loving the workout and find that swimming is really fun.

I go at least 3 times a week and try to swim for a minimum of 45 minutes. I do think it is taking a toll on my hair, though even though I use a swim cap. :(

So that is my swim story!

Sorry for the loooooong comment!