Saturday, February 7, 2009

Duct Tape Diapers

1. A couple weeks ago I watched a sappy halmark made-for-TV movie. The mom in it said, "a mother is only as happy as her saddest child." Interesting to think about.

2. I saw a commercial for a show, "In the Motherhood". One of the moms said, "We have been out of diapers for 2 days...we've been using paper towels and tape!"

I laughed and laughed.

Once when we went to pick Lincoln up at my moms, she announced that we hadn't brought enough diapers. (grandmas tend to change babies (and bathe them) more then mommys).

The poor kid was wearing his brothers underwear and a sanitary pad combination.

Definitely more creative (and more effective!) then paper towels and tape.

3 comments:

joolee said...

HA! I LOVE IT! :)

Kim said...

I saw many commercials for that show last night and laughed everytime, even though it was the same commercial! I'm thinking I might need to get some fellow mamas together for a viewing party!

Anonymous said...

I can totally see Grandma Pam "making" that diaper! How funny is that!!! But it is true that Grandma's change diapers (on babies) much more than moms do!