Thursday, December 4, 2008

I love messing with people

My baby is 18 months old. He is a kingly baby, which is why we call him King Baby.

When Deacon was 18 months old, he was not a baby anymore. Baby Roman was very nearly in the house and Deacon's days of single childness were almost to a close.

When Roman was 18 months out he was 2 months away from being a big brother and a little brother all at the same time. King Baby was soon to make his grand entrance.

So it stands to reason that I have been getting a lot of "those questions" and "that look". You know what I mean, don't you? The quick glance toward my stomach as I bend over to pick up a child and my shirt pulls a little. Is it a bump? Is it a baby bump? And the, "Julie, I haven't seen you for a while. How are you guys? Anything going on?" Sometimes it is accompanied by a glance toward my mid section.

And I say, "yes! There is!" My victim leans closer, ready for the big news to be let out of the bag. "we are acid staining our concrete in the basement! It is very cool, but it has been ALOT of work."

"oh. That's nice" they say.

Now, I don't blame these poor souls. I didn't tell anyone outside of immediate family and coworkers that I was pregnant with Lincoln until I was between 16 and 20 weeks along. I waited until I was getting glances that clearly said, "girl...did you quit running or are you pregnant again?"

So it probably stands to reason that people are looking. And wondering. And making bets as to when and who will spot the bump first.

Wow. I am almost a celebrity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you pregnant again?

Matt said...

Either way, messing with people is fun... you could create a whole slew of responses:
The kids are trying out for the circus.
Noah has taken-up underwater basket weaving.
I finally finished my collection of Buffalo Nickels.
We're learning to skydive tomorrow.
(I realize some of these might not be true... yet :-)

joolee said...

this remind me....did you ever finish your post revealing your thoughts about birth control? I'm curious to hear what you decided.

The Three 22nds said...

I don't believe that a baby bump has actually been sighted. people are just Looking for it If there has been an actual sighting, I will need to have a word with my personal trainer. On that note, joolee, I haven't posted it yet. but I will. A couple of things came up that made me pause before posting and I just haven't gotten back to it. But I will.

Unknown said...

she better not be Heather cause she is suppose to call me right away if she is...of course even if she has I wouldn't tell you cause they like to think of great ways to tell people...