Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A few things I want you to Know

1. I joined facebook. I know, it is kind of the dark side, but what do you do? It is kind of weird for me though. I have found some people from my shady past and have almost clicked the "add friend" button but then I didn't. "what if they don't remember me?", "do I really want them to remember me?", "that chapter of my life is closed. Do I really want to reopen it?"

But I am not going to stop blogging. Seeing people's status and comments on facebook are generally superficial. And I am all about the deep here. If you call song parodies and tirades about socks deep.

2. We did get our Christmas tree despite the vomiting episode. Thankfully we were in an outdoor tree lot and so Noah just pushed some snow over the indisposition and we pretended like it never happened.

3. I am very thankful for an attached garage, a washing machine in my basement, that a small house = lower heating bill, and for Thursday play group where my kids can run around like crazy for an hour in the gym at church.

4. I have been very cranky lately because of the cold. I don't like to leave my house. Yesterday though, I hauled them all to the Y in the afternoon to get a run in. I felt so much happier and more patient when I was done and picked them up. I just have to keep remembering that it IS ALWAYS better to get out and do something even if it is hard. And cold. And even if I still don't have any gloves or mittens without holes.

5. A confession: last week, I wore the left handed gloves from two VASTLY different pairs because that was all I could find. I need to get to a store. And soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

who is sick? the poor boy): I am excited for the snow...it is hot and sunny right now.
You didn't have a shady past...and I usually just wait and let people add me...

Rachel said...

Julie -
I totally relate to #1. I wasn't sure about adding certain people as friends. Then a guy I hardly remember from h.s. requested me as his friend. I felt weirdly honored, like did he have a secret crush on me in h.s.? So, I added him. come to find out, he's a singer and I'm pretty sure he's just looking for publicity. oh, well! Welcome to the dark side!

Billi Jo said...

FB rule number 1 Be picky, be very picky, but you can always remove anyone, without their knowing...at least initially.

hcomstock said...

I love the vomiting in the Christmas tree lot, sounds like something right out of The Christmas Story movie :)