Saturday, July 26, 2008

Beach Day!

We went to the chlorinated pond on Friday. It was kind of cool because when we arrived it was raining and so we were the only ones on the beach. Well, us and the seagulls. As soon as the rain stopped all of the mini vans that had been circling the parking lot parked and invaded our private beach. We had to go to the beach despite the rain because it had been carefully planned so that Lincoln could go to my moms house while we went. (thanks, Mom!) It had also been carefully planned so that two of my friends could go along. So we went, and it was too bad that it rained, but we still had fun.

FRIEND 1:
This is Liz. The boys call her Teacher Liz because she co-teaches Deacon's Sunday School class. We like to hang out with her and the boys talk about her a lot. In fact, one time we went with her to the mall and a fancy park and they still talk about "the places where Teacher Liz took us". I like that she is willing to do stuff with me even though there are a lot of little guys with us!


FRIEND 2:

This is Becki. She has been a friend of mine for a long time, but she just got married so we haven't seen her as much. The boys were so happy to have her hang out with us for the morning. Let me point out now that you can see from the picture that Becki is a small person. I just wanted to make that clear.

Here are the boys and Becki on the tire swing. I had to post this picture because Deacon was having some issues with his trunks, and this picture seemed the least offensive. All my boys have problems with their trunks. I think it is because they are usually hand me downs and the elastic is often shot.


Noah buying him the sweatband didn't stick. He still wears my headbands.

Deacon was sitting on Becki's back while she was swimming. I said, "oh, Roman, look. It looks like Deacon is riding a dolphin!". Roman says, "no, Mom!" She's not a dolphin! She's a whale. A humpback Whale!"

Well, I'd better get going. I have a lot to do: 1. Teach boys to wear underwear 2. Teach boys to keep their swimming trunks hoisted up 3. Teach boys that we don't pee in bushes (unless specifically told to by mommy or daddy) 4. Teach boys not to refer to girls/women as whales.

This may take some time.

Thanks Liz and Becki for coming with us! We had fun!


1 comment:

joolee said...

Ahh, the things kids say! We have a new neighbor, Peggy, and I always like the girls to refer to adult females as Miss First Name. Unfortunately, Gwen has taken to calling her Miss Piggy:(