Wednesday, July 30, 2008

100 things about me

1. I often overestimate how much I can get done in 1 day

2. I make a lot of lists

3. I struggle with clutter. I blame this on a foolish decision I made long ago.

4. Long ago I had a Rainbow Brite Sprite. (Question: What can kill a sprite?)

5. Long ago my sister and I played a game with the sprite. It's name was Red Nose Tweaks.

6. Long ago I wanted money.

7. Long ago I sold my Red Nose Tweaks at a garage sale.

8. I have always regretted selling the Sprite at the garage sale.

9. Now I struggle with clutter.

10. I married a man who is very thoughtful.

11. He bought me a Sprite on ebay. But I still struggle with clutter.

12. I like to save my money

13. One time my sister wanted a little kitten in a basket. She had no money

14. I had money so I bought the kitten in the basket, even though I don't like cats

15. I just wanted to flaunt that I had money.

16. I have never been athletic

17. In 5th grade softball I pitched once at practice. I was really good.

18. I pitched the next day in a game. I stunk.

19. 16 years later I tried to pitch during a softball game. I was 9 months pregnant and they made me quit.

20. I am trying to discover my inner athlete.

21. I like goals

22. I just had to go upstairs and take the cinnemon sugar bowl away from my 2 year old. He was eating it in his crib.

23. I worry about my 2 year old

24. But then I remember that I like to eat sugar straight up too.

25. I don't eat sugar in my bed though.

26. I go back to worrying about my 2 year old.

27. My husband and I used to write letters to each other in jr. high and high school

28. We still have all the letters.

29. My husband won't read them. I will.

30. I liked my husband in 7th grade.

31. I like him better now.

32. I don't buy paper towels

33. I scoffed at my husband when he said he wanted two computer monitors at home

34. Now I love my 2 monitors

35. I thought it was a little excessive when I got a pair of Keen Sandals

36. My Keen sandals are my favorite item of apparel I own

37. I never have diapers when I need them.

38. I never can find anything in my purse

39. I never can find my cell phone.

40. I really wanted a Keen bag.

41. Noah bought me the Keen bag for Mother's Day

42. I was told that the Keen bag would not make me more organized.

43. I am not more organized with my Keen bag.

44. But I do feel cooler.

45. I keep my cell phone in my car

46. Even when I am not in my car

47. I always miss calls on my phone.

48. I like preschoolers

49. I love to watch my children interact with other children

50. My favorite time of day is the evenings

51. I love children's books

52. My husband bought me "Are you My Mother?" for Mother's Day when I was newly pregnant with Deacon.

53. I am an ICU nurse

54. I don't always have a good sense of what normal people think is disgusting

55. It doesn't bother me if my baby pees on me. It is just sweet baby pee. I've seen worse.

56. I can eat a hamburger and french fries for breakfast without batting an eye

57. I will go to parties (tupperware, pampered chef etc) but I will not host one.

58. I have never successfully made Amish Friendship Bread.

59. I always try to complete the complicated process of AFB

60. I walk fast

61. I have a family that God made slow

62. I don't like snakes or rodents

63. I have to call strange men over to kill snakes on my property (I use the word "strange" lightly, Mike)

64. My husband calls me a poor snob

65. That means I look down on people that spend too much money on things.

66. I am working on not being a poor snob while maintaining my ideals of frugality

67. I have a lot of cooking disasters

68. Sometimes I feel like my life should be grander, bigger, more amazing then it is

69. But then I look at all I have and think it is pretty amazing already.

70. I am more of a big picture person

71. I am easily bogged down with details

72. Sometimes I have to pass along details to other people

73. Once I have other people covering the details, I can move on to my next big plan

74. I once made my 4 year old wear my extra shoes into REI because he had forgotten to put his on.

75. People sometimes think my children look like clowns

76. My childrens grandmas are always washing their faces. (I think they think they look like orphans)

77. I am really tired of washing faces.

78. And hands.

79. And other things.

80. I do a lot of laundry.

81. I don't always separate the lights from the whites and the darks from the towels.

82. Sometimes I don't even separate the lights from the darks (shh...don't tell)

83. I figure that the chocolate milk stain on the white shirt kind of makes it a dark, and the koolaid on the kahki sort of turns it into a red anyway.

84. I love my mini van

85. When I forget to ask for a lap counter at the YMCA, I keep track of my laps on my fingers

86. My husband thinks it looks dorky to count laps on my fingers.

87. I think it is dorky not to know how far you have run.

88. I get bogged down in papers.

89. I won't spend over $20 for a pair of jeans.

90. I have never seen the movie "Speed" *gasp*

91. I did once hear the whole plot of the movie "Speed" from a guy at Arbys

92. I live in a chronic state of dehydration

93. I think my goal for the next week is going to hydrate myself

94. I don't know how long it will last because I don't have time to pee.

95. We lived in Terre Haute, IN for a couple of years.

96. I have never cried, or been tempted to cry when my kids get their vaccines

97. I have worked out a plan for how to save my children if our mini van should ever become submerged in some sort of Lake/Pond/River situation

98. I used to go on a lot of walks and to a lot of garage sales

99. I now have children that can climb out of their strollers.

100. I never go to bed when I say I need to.


5 comments:

New Adventures said...

Don't worry, my husband IS strange...I tell him that all the time! I really liked the book "Are You My Mother?". We do have the movie Speed if you ever feel the need to watch it. - yes, these are random comments

Unknown said...

You are super julie...i think i knew all that about you...but it was a good reminder

The Three 22nds said...

I can vouch for nearly all of those that they're indeed true facts about Julie.

joolee said...

I was so excited to see you posted your list of 100 things. I too struggle with clutter and am currently in the midst of a clutter crisis. I also can never find anything in my purse. I DO carry my cell phone, but it is always dead. And I always panic that I locked my keys in the car because it takes me like 6 minutes to find them at the bottom of my purse while my 4 kids scamper around the busy parking lot. Ooh, Steve and I also have huge binders full of letters. I feel soooo immature when I read them:(

OK that was long, but I love how you refer to "sweet baby pee":)

Anonymous said...

no mention of the TC blue beanie in 4th grade?