Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Picture

We send out a photo card every year along with a Christmas letter.

I just read the Christmas letter from last year- what was wrong with me? That was really weird.

But this year I am way behind.

You see, I will only send out a picture that has been taken sometime after November 1st of the current year. And all the pictures from November to now are on my camera and inaccessible.

Arrgh.

I am trying to be patient.

Noah is after all, trying to work, take care of the kids while I work, tile the bathroom and build a new computer. But I need my pictures.

Last night he promised that he would have my pictures accessible by Thursday.

Big breath. That is tomorrow. I can make it.

In the meantime, maybe I should start the letter.

And then hope that when I do see the pictures there is something usable or photoshopable.

Because until I know for sure, I am not hauling the boys out for another photo shoot.

If their faces are clean and their clothes match and are clean, they are unhappy and growly.

If their faces are dirty and their clothes are mismatched pjs or too tight wrestling suits, they are happy. But lets face it, I can't send out a Christmas card with them looking like that!

Christmas is all about illusion, and I must keep up the front to the people that don't see us often that they always dress in striped shirts and sweater vests with sedate smiles on their faces.

And they don't ever whack each other with pretend swords while wearing one of my necklaces around their heads to look like David and one of my tank tops to look like a dress.

And they don't run around naked because puppies don't wear clothes.

And they absolutely don't always insist on being together, even when they are fighting.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will see what I have.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm going to work on creating the illusion here this weekend. I understand!

Bobby said...

We don't need any illusion in our house. All of my children are prefect...its obvious that they would be as after all they are my offspring.

Grandma Debbie said...

Our computer is avaialble if you need it.

LS said...

Now I'm super curious. What was weird about last year's letter?