Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Obsessive

I can be slightly obsessive.

About somethings, anyway.

I am obsessive about talking about cleaning my house.

Unfortunantly I am not really obsessive about finding the time to do it.

But that is neither here nor there.

I had a 4 hour shift this week from 0300-0730. I hadn't been to work recently enough to check that what I had on my calendar was in fact what was on the schedule (things are not always right - nursing schedules are complicated.) Because I am obsessive, I decided to call and double check. Lo and behold the staffing office told me that no, it was not Tuesday morning, but Wednesday morning that I was supposed to work. My calendar was wrong! This of course validated my obsessiveness.

Before I went to bed I had a nagging desire to call my actual unit and just verify that what staffing had said was right. But I didn't do it. Double and triple checking what people tell me is something I am trying not to do as much of.

0310 the phone rings.

Yeah, it was work. Whoever I had talked to in staffing had read the schedule wrong. I got dressed and was clocking in within 35 minutes. That is pretty good for being 20 miles away.

I won't make that mistake again.

Obsessive is back.

No comments: