Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week in Review

I was having one of those days. You know the ones where you feel like you never accomplish anything and your "to do" list just grows and grows. I actually have those days a lot. My husband says it is because my expectations are too high. My mom says it is because I have too much going on.

So I decided that instead of getting down about how much I DIDN'T get done this week, I would try to write out the most important things that I DID get done. obviously these are the big or unusual things. I won't increase the boredom of the post by telling you exactly how many meals I cooked and diapers I changed. And how many coats I put on. And how much peanut butter I spread on toast. And how many snotty noses I wiped. Oops...I am getting a little carried away...

This is kind of like the done and undone lists from Heather .

I didn't spend my average 12-20 hours at work this week, so I had a lot more time, a lot more sleep and a lot more energy.

This is to be a positive post, so I REFUSE to dwell on the floor that didn't get washed before the party, the stack of papers that didn't get sorted and the stuffed dog from my childhood that I pulled out of the garage sale stack at the last minute. And that is now sitting in the middle of my family room floor. I think it is barking at me.

Woof, woof.

So, here goes nothing:

*Biked a total of 128 minutes

*ran 64 minutes

*swam 64 minutes

*stayed caught up in my chronological Bible readings the whole week

*Worked with Deacon on his reading and made great progress

*made a meal for a friend

*went through my whole house except master closet and threw stuff out (this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be once I got started)

*took load of stuff to church for garage sale

*got through 2/3 of filing cabinet sorting

*2 visits to the MD

*Awana leading (my girls MAY all finish their books!)

*taught preschool Sunday school this morning (so many activities, we had to SQUEEZE snack in!)

*took kids swimming on Friday (not a lesson day!)

*went out to supper with friends and played Settlers

*went tile shopping

*Quiz mastered

*hosted Grandma Debbie's bday party

*Gym and Swim

*swimming lessons

*bunch of paperwork

*spent time reading "Parenting is Heart Work" and had some good "heart discussions" with the boys

*installed lock on fridge

*library visit

What about your week? Tell me your amazing accomplishments! And make sure you don't mention the load of laundry that is still in the dryer and the vehicle that needs to be vacuumed...oh wait...that is me...








2 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW!!!!

Just have to know - who's the lock on the frig for?

The Three 22nds said...

It was installed for Lincoln. This way, my 22 month old can no longer pour himself his own milk. Which is a good thing.

It is also intended to prevent Roman from spilling entire bowls of ungelled jello underneath the fridge.