Saturday, March 14, 2009

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans...

Deacon started a new swimming session last Saturday.

He is in a class with 2 other little boys.

After class I asked him what the other little boys names were. I didn't really expect him to know - he never remembers names. I asked though purposely because I am trying to get him to at least try to make it a point to find out.

He paused for a split second and then said, "Luke and John".

I said, "Deacon, that is SO COOL! Their names are books of the Bible. Right in order!" We sang the NT books together. He seemed to think it was funny that they were books of the Bible.

So today I said, "Oh Deacon, tomorrow is your swimming lesson. You get to go hang out with the books of the Bible, Luke and John!"

He smiled, I finished buckling him in and went to the front seat.

Suddenly from the back I hear, "Their names aren't really Luke and John, Mom. I have no idea what their names are. I just made that up."

I have to admit I couldn't keep myself from laughing- I was astonished.

What kid lies about some other kids names by using consecutive books of the New Testament?

Weird.

We had a talk about lying.

But I am somewhat concerned because that boy is a very good lier.

No comments: