Monday, March 23, 2009

Cleaning Week Day 1

Since I am not working this week, I decided that it would be really fun to totally clean a different floor of my house every day this week. Well, 4 days actually, because I have only 4 floors, not 7. I told Noah of this stupendous plan and he said, "go for it, kiddo" which literally translated means, "do what you want, but don't expect me to help."

I decided to start in the basement, basically because I usually start on the top floor and am tired when I get to the basement. And because Noah just finished putting in the cabinets/countertop and I needed to put stuff away anyway.

This is the laundry room with the new cabinets. It is now partially sheetrocked. We weren't going to sheetrock, but since we were going to be attaching the cabinets to the only sheet rocked wall, we figured if the window wall was ever going to be sheetrocked, we should do the part behind the cabinets now.
I lured Noah into helping me go through stuff by excitedly showing him a secret place I found while removing cobwebs. I want to stash stuff there. Like my own color wonder books that Lincoln can't touch.

Spiders can eat their own webs when they are done with them. I wonder why they don't do that in my basement?


This is the new school room. I need to get some curtains for the window.

And some book shelves.


oh, how did this get in here? This is the new Dora the Explorer. When I told Deacon that this was the "grown up" Dora he said, "I didn't think she was real. If she is not real, than how did she grow?" I thought that was a valid question.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I would never be so heartless as to say I wasn't going to help.

But there was indication in the comment that I thought the plan was perhaps overly ambitious and not accounting for the 3 preschoolers known to inhabit the said cleaning zone.

I just don't like to see Julie disapointed when unreastic goals don't get met.

I, of course, have the opposite problem of not making goals so they can not be not met.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so jealous of that laundry room! A sink! A counter! All those cabinets! You guys did a great job!

I'm jealous of the snow, too... we're headed into another week of sunny 70's and it may hit 80. Yuck - I want my winter back!