Monday, March 9, 2009

Things that made me smile this weekend

1. I asked the boys if they wanted to go on a walk with me. Deacon said, "No 3 milers, mom". I assured him that we would just go one mile. He suspiciously asked if that was "just once around our block". It was so he got his 5 year old self in the stroller and off we went.

I love that he has always loved to go on walks with me. He used to just look around, and now he looks around and talks, and talks, and talks.

2. On our walk we happened upon an old friend and I was talking to her at the end of our driveway. Deacon had gone in the house but he came out pushing Roman in front of him. He always has to show off his brother.

I love that he thinks his brother is worth showing off.

3. We went to the zoo on Friday. Lincoln stopped in the middle of the path when he heard the Tiger growl. Then he cried. It also took him a really long time to look at the Giraffes. He kept squeezing his eyes shut.

I love that he sees things differently from me.

4. We got to see a baby Orangutan riding around on his mommies back. We also got to see twin tamarin monkey babies on their mommies back.

I LOVE baby animals.

5. Roman asked me to "pray again" last night.

I love that my kids know that prayer is incorporated into all our lives.

6. Noah and I hung out last night. We talked about high school a little. We talked about decks a little. We drank orange juice. I admired his sheetrock job.

I love that man!

7. Noah made a great deal of progress this weekend on some basement projects. Without me bugging him about them.

I love productivity.

8. I came within 1 mile of being on track for the 500 mile challenge.

I love that I can run and bike.

9. Roman went right along with his swimming class this Saturday. He became friends with the little girl in the Dora swimsuit. She pretty much thought he was the best little boy ever.

I love watching my kids make friends and cooperate in a class.

10. Our broccoli started growing this weekend!

I love that plants come from small seeds. Deacon said, "this is like a miracle"! Amen

No comments: