Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Awards Night


Tonight was Awana Awards night and it was a much anticipated ceremony. Roman got recognized as one of the Puggles (the new toddler program) and Deacon received his first Cubbie book award. Deacon has done a great job learning his verses and stories from the Bible. The one he remembers most, he says, is the one about Paul and Silas.
As Deacon stuffed the last of his post ceremony cookie and lemonade into his mouth I asked him, "Dekes, was the ceremony everything you had hoped for?" He very seriously answered, "yes". I am glad. He had a great year, learned a lot of Bible verses and really has grown up a lot. We are proud of him!
(maybe we can get some good ceremony pictures from Genna? Ours didn't turn out well)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Deacon and Roman I am glad you guys enjoyed the awards night! I hope that I see more pictures of it! Love you both!