Friday, April 25, 2008

How we announced

Another blog I read, www.thekingsmissus.blogspot.com ,asked about how others announced their pregnancies. Instead of writing a long description in her comments section, I thought I would just do it here.


This is Deacon Christopher (he does insist that his middle name is James, but that is a story for a different time). I found out I was pregnant with him on April 15, 2003. I took Noah on a Jimmy John's picnic and shared the news. We were trying, so it was expected. We announced him to our families by mailing his little sonogram picture in little baby picture frames to our mothers for mother's day.
This is Roman James. To announce him, we made a onesie for Deacon to wear that said on the front __Enterprises. On the back it said, "look for our newest model coming Fall of 2005". We brought him over to the grandparents wearing it...it did take people awhile to read it. A while later we delivered him to the church nursery wearing it and the news soon spread. Of course everyone at work knew already. Because of the slightly worrisome hazards of my job, it is important to avoid certain patients etc during pregnancy so everyone has to know.


And this is Lincoln Andrew. We didn't really announce him. Well, I knew I was pregnant and Noah was leaving on a weekend retreat on a Friday afternoon. He and my sister insisted I take a pregnancy test before they left for the weekend. It was a tough weekend for him to be gone! I think my parents and sisters found out that weekend (they sort of already had guessed because I had been so tired etc. and I had been in denial for quite some time, refusing to take a test because I didn't want to know). I had some moments of panic after that, but once it was verified I was happy enough. We want 4 kids, and getting pregnant with Lincoln at that time made us decide that we apparently were just going to have them all in quick succession. Anyway, we announced him to Noah's family a few weeks later by signing the wedding card for Noah's sister with an inclusion of his presence. I didn't tell anyone else (except at work) until I was at between 16-20 weeks pregnant. Pretty much I waited until people started wondering. We didn't find out sex with any of them, so that just announced with the birth call.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LS said...

Thanks for sharing these cool stories and ADORABLE baby photos! I love the first two creative ways you announced your babies and I think I may have to copy that Enterprises onesie for our next baby's announcement! That is such a cute idea! I found it interesting that Andrew and James are two of your sons middle names and they are always at the top of our list for boy's middle names too! I like how you've named all your boys with similar, yet unique, sounding names.