Friday, April 18, 2008

Baby Week

I knew 3 people who's babies were due this month, and they all had them this week! There is something so endearing about tiny newborns. They aren't that cute in a traditional "cute" way but they are beautiful because they are such minature and intricate little beings. (Now do you know why we have so many children already? Yes, it is telling how much I love babies when I refer to them as 'miniature, intricate little beings' even though I have spent the majority of the day telling my former miniature and still intricately mischevious children to quit changing clothes, stop opening the refridgerator and that what I have thrown away is supposed to stay in the garbage can.)
Lincoln loves Roman. Lincoln loves Deacon too- he really likes Deacon to play peek-a-boo with him and he likes to watch Deacon put on puppet shows for him. It seems, however, that Lincoln had found in Roman more of someone to hang out with and fight with. Lincoln rarely tries to take Deacon's stuff, but he is constantly into whatever Roman has. Roman is usually trying to get away from him, as former posts have attested too...but this morning they seem to have found something to do that they both enjoyed. They went into the kitchen and Roman would open a cupboard and then they would sit next to each other trying my bowls and other stored items on their heads. It was amusing for everyone involved. (It did add more work to my life, however, as I had a lot more dishes to wash. I had to say that so you wouldn't be afraid to eat at my house.)
I overheard Deacon talking to someone the other day and he asked, "If some of the children are afraid of stages will they just watch the show?" That is the definition of "stagefright" I guess, but I have never heard it overexplained like that.
We were leaving the Y today and I told him that Dad was still swimming. He said, "I am sure he will be along". Do we talk like that?! Apparently someone does! It must be Noah.
Roman's new thing is discussing his feelings. His language is just exploding the last couple of weeks and it is pretty funny. He told me, "I missed you, mom. I cried." Which isn't that funny, except when he says, "I cried" he makes motions of tears running down his cheeks. And the fact that he hadn't cried when I left. Maybe he was crying in his heart. He did the same thing when he announced, "I don't like that bug. He is going to come and eat my car cars and I will cry." I guess we have been reading too much "Big Bad Bully Bug" from the library.
Anyway, I am taking a meal tomorrow to one of the new baby's families. That means I have to figure out what I am going to make...I guess I'd better quit blogging and start looking at recipes!

1 comment:

LS said...

Hi! I'm Lindsey, a cousin by marriage of Becki (one of your best friends). She gave me this blog address a long time ago and it somehow got buried in about 800 messages in my inbox and I just now decided to clean out my box and found it. I love your blog and will back to check out your cute photos! I'm interested in learning about life with boys since we just found out that our #3 is another boy! We have one girl and one boy so far. I've heard a lot about your family and just wanted to say "Hi!" Wish we could go to Becki's wedding but I'll be too preggo for a 22 hour drive. =(