Saturday, October 10, 2009

Controversial Monday, a little early

I don't know how controversial this is, but it should be fun!

One of our local radio stations had a fear factor like gimmick on this week. I won't bore you with the details - only that it sparked a lot of discussion between Noah and I about which of these 5 situations is the most scary.

1. Riding on one of those underneath roller coasters (or any other scary, intense, no pregnant women kind of rides)

2. Holding a Tarantula, Boa Constrictor and Hissing cockroach

3. Standing in a hockey goal (with full gear on) taking shots from a professional hockey player.

4. Eating foods like Squid eyes, lung, tongue and other such delicacies

5. Creating and performing your own stand up routine at a comedy club.

Gotta tell you, number 1 scares me to death. I hope no one ever offers me lots of money to go sky diving or on certain rides, because as much as I would want the money; I don't know if I could make myself do it.

Number 2? Creepy yes, but I would do it.

Number 3 is also scary to me, but it is very quick and I doubt I could get out of the way fast enough, so as long as I was initially on the ice I would be ok.

Eating gross food? I don't know. That is pretty nasty and I am not sure.

The stand up routine would be bad and I am sure not funny, but I don't think it would ruin me forever, so I would do it.

Noah has surprisingly different answers.

What about you? Which would be the easiest for you, which would be the hardest and why?

7 comments:

Momma Bear said...

None of them seem super scary to me even though I'm afraid of heights, I have done that kind of roller coaster. I think if I had to eat a large bug or crawly creature, perhaps. But out of those you listed I think the comedy standup one would be the hardest for me only b/c that is/was one of the professions I seriously think about at times (i'm not going to but...) so it gets me nervous and scared to think about it.

Billi Jo said...

I would do any of the aforementioned activities...for a price. However eating questionable delicacies would require a higher fee, but still tolerable.

Shelob creeped me out said...

I could handle any of that stuff I think, with more or less levels of enjoyment depending on what it was...except for that tarantula.

Why do you think I live here where it snows in early October?

Elise said...

1 and 3 might actually be fun, 2 wouldn't be too bad as long as it wasn't a biting creature, 5 would be embarrassing and I'm sure not funny at all coming from me, but I would do it for the right price, so I think that leaves 4 as the only one I would really have a hard time with. Given enough of an incentive, there aren't many things I wouldn't try to eat, but I'm pretty sure my gag reflex would stop me from being able to actually accomplish it.

Johanna said...

oh definitely #2...I just can't do spiders! they totally petrify me! comedy...well, I think I'm funny; eating strange foods...gross, but as long as they weren't spiders I think I could close my eyes and eat them; the hockey pucks would hurt, but still not terrifying; and rides scare me, but if I had to pick between a ride and a spider, the ride would win 99% of the time. I'm not sure why it wouldn't the other 1%, but I figure I might have some inconsistencies!

Unknown said...

#1 might be the hardest for me...I think I probably would throw-up...and that is no fun! I kill spiders, etc for my friends....

LS said...

The eating and the holding. I could handle everything else.