Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The List

We had our 20 week sonogram last Friday. Everything seemed ok. Of course the tech wouldn't tell us if there was something wrong, but we haven't heard otherwise from the MD.

The baby was incredibly active and the ultrasound actually seemed to take a lot longer than the ones with our other kids. We spent a lot of time poking at the baby and trying to get it to stay still enough to get readings and to move to appropriate positions.

It was kind of funny, because as soon as I laid down and she started putting the gel on my belly the babe just went nuts. I made a comment like, "Boy he sure doesn't like that..." The tech seemed rather defensive and said, "Oh...it doesn't hurt them or bother them in there." Later I was telling Noah that I didn't think it HURT the baby, but this baby gets super active as soon as I lay down and as soon as anything happens to wake him up.

By the way, I use "He and She" with no knowledge of which it actually is.

So that was fun.

The other thing we did this weekend was finish the "big" stuff on the deck. We now just have a few small things to finish up to complete the project.

I also made the official "Before Baby List". I know most of you probably don't care, but I thought that maybe Noah might :)

1. Finish Deck completely
2. Have deck pass final inspection
3. Get all junk from yard up to landfill
4. Finish last of yard winterizing
5. Put new light/mirror in bathroom downstairs
6. Build new computer.
7. Completely redo and tile upstairs bathroom including countertop.
8. Address leaky pipe
9. Tile Backsplash in kitchen
10. Paint main floor of house
11. Do some wall repairs
12. Buy bookshelves for school room
13. Put stuff on walls of school room

Now, those are just the "home" related things. The list doesn't include exercise goals, homeschooling goals, work goals, cooking goals, potty training goals etc.

I think that we will be busy. I am curious to see how far we get!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey- did you get rid of Noah's posts...or is something wrong with my computer?

Unknown said...

ok never mind...I thought that "the list" was old...but then I read it(: So you will be busy...if I ever get my homework under control I will help you(:

Momma Bear said...

you are totally a machine! :) Also, I read your comment over a The King's Missus...I look forward to your blog post on Once a month cooking. Hope you are well and feeling good.