Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Long Day

It has been one of those days.

I took some benadryl last night for an allergic type situation. Slept 9 hours and stayed groggy until noon.

Took the kids to Bible Study in a fog.

Took Deke to his class at the YMCA.

He brought his teacher a drawing of a new stretch he invented called "The Back Pushup".

He is a real go-getter, that one.

I had a discouraging run/walk. Baby bounces on bladder. Ligaments stretching. Contractions. Ugh.

I am not even quite 22 weeks and I already have a lot of Braxton Hicks Contractions. All the common triggers send me into them.

And upper back pain which seems to be nerve related. The baby jams a foot up under my rib and I get discomfort spreading up and back. Sometimes the baby's foot isn't even there, it must just be the pressure on some nerves.

Now, I had all this stuff with my other pregnancies, it just seems earlier than normal.

Speaking of baby positions: A couple days ago the baby started moving around while I was reading to the boys so they were able to feel it. Deke said, "I know that when babies are in there they are upside down. So their heads are down there (pointing to my lower abdomen) and their feet are up here (pointing to my breasts)". I told him that he was right, but that the baby is small and fits all just in my abdomonal cavity, and that it does not extend itself into my thoracic cavity- although at times it feels like it does.

So I digress.

We were at the Y and I made a mistake.

I overlooked the fact that Lincoln had not had a nap in 3 days (he has been taking one every 2-3 days) nor had he gone to bed particularily early recently.

And I decided to take him and Roman swimming.

He was a little swimming pool tyrant.

And a locker room tyrant.

And a post locker room tyrant.

Thankfully Roman was on his best behavior (although I felt somewhat bad that we did not get to play all of the "Mama Polar Bear and Baby Polar Bear" that he wanted to.) I felt a little better when Deke was done with his lesson and was able to join Roman in a rousing game of "Sea Turtle Fire Fighters".

So I dragged a screaming Lincoln to the van, along with the swimming bag, my purse and wet hair.

He finally fell asleep at home and I got the other 2 settled in with a movie. Even though the house was a disaster I decided to take a shower to warm up and have a little down time.

That lasted about 10 minutes.

Roman came upstairs.

"Mom, there is a lego up my nose and I can't get it out."

Sure enough, there was a green lego up his nose. And I couldn't get it out.

Great.

2 comments:

Green lego owner said...

dun dun dunnnn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

Unknown said...

we got it out...you forgot that part...no ER visit for us(: By the way what are you going to do with the money you "saved" haha