How to get through a work weekend at the hospital:
1. Try to get all home tasks done before your Friday shift
(miserably failed at this one this weekend)
2. Avoid thinking, dwelling and obsessing about the weekend before the weekend
3. Find out what your husband's plans are for the weekend.
4. Give husband strict instructions about house cleanliness codes if he has people over while you are gone.
5. Try not to feel bad that your kids are dancing around excitedly because you are going to be gone. They love you, they just like to have a little more room in your bed.
6.When you are at work, wishing that you could devote more time and attention to your job, remember "for everything there is a season".
7. Daydream about being an ED nurse when you hear a trauma called over the loudspeaker.
8. Refuse to acknowledge the state of your house. You can clean it next week.
9. Make sure you have plenty of starbursts!
10. Everyhour remember how much money you just made and make a list of things to buy
just 8 more hours...