Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Tri workouts and Dana

Seriously, this Tri training program is intense. We are now on week 7, and we are really getting stronger etc but it just keeps getting longer and harder! I don't know how we are going to continue to fit it in! What with VBS coming up, working, volunteer stuff, the kids, the house, the yard. I don't know! I told Noah that all I really want for Mother's Day (aside from the Keen bag that would make my life oh so much more organized) is for help with my rock project.

Can you tell I am feeling overwelmed? That brings me to Dana. Dana is my own personal friend. I met her at a neutral location- the park when our sons were 2 years old. Evan and Deacon became good friends and we exchanged phone numbers. In fact, we met at the same park that the pictures of Evan and Deacon were taken at a few days ago, and Dana was actually the photographer. We live about 1/2 mile from each other with the park in the middle.

Anyway, I call her my own personal friend because she only knows me, not Noah. She has met Noah before, but just occasionally. That is really weird for me. Since Noah and I grew up together a large percentage of our friends, acquaintences and family members know both of us and have for a VERY long time. But Dana doesn't remember what we were like in high school. She knows me only as who I am now. As a mom, as a wife, as a neighbor, as a part time employee trying to balance kids and career. And there is something refreshing about that. So we have had a lot of heart to hearts at the park. And I have shared some deeper thoughts and feelings with her because it felt safe. (I can talk a lot about a lot of things but it is rarely that I share what I truly and completely feel about anything). So we talk, and we watch our kids. And I call her when I am overwelmed. And I call her when her outside lightbulbs burn out because it is so rare. And mine always are burned out.

So, hi Dana! Happy Mother's Day! I appreciate you!

No comments: