Friday, May 16, 2008

The Notebook and Misty


Ok, this picture doesn't have anything to do with the post, but I thought it was cute...

Oh, I just thought of this. Sometimes Noah offers Deacon a deal when he is starting to whine or want something. Deacon will get all stubborn and refuse the deal. It always makes me think of the song, "Jesus Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood.

I wrote my own chorus:

Deacon take the deal
Take it while you can
'Cause you can't do what you want
You're losing ground
So get out while you can
still avoid these circumstances
Deacon take the deal.

My favorite parody of that song though is "Cleatus take the reel" It is on Youtube.

I showed Noah my notebook the other day. He thinks that it is weird. I have so much going on with VBS, various hostessing commitments, Lincoln's party, Triathlon stuff etc, that I was getting really overwelmed and having nightmares about the stuff frequently.

So I took a notebook (one that actually is Romans. And he remembers that the green one is his. So I keep the green cover hidden so he doesn't know it is his. Because I don't have my own. And he doesn't need his. And I am his mom. And I need it.) Anyway, in my notebook I just started making lists for every event. Then I can write stuff down and it is all in the same place. Which is better then my notes beening scattered on post its all over the house. Anyway, I haven't had any nightmares lately. It could be due to the notebook, or it may be due to the fact that I have hardly slept the last few nights. If you don't sleep, you don't have nightmares. You just get really irritable about stuff.

Which brings me to Misty. Not the being irritable stuff, just that I shared this same story with her at playgroup on Thursday. Bad segway. Sorry.

Misty is Jamie's sister and that is how I met her. Misty is an incredibly friendly mom and she has really funny stories (my favorite are the child birth ones). She is willing to talk to people she doesn't know and likes to learn what makes them tick. I think that is really cool.

But the thing that I really admire about Misty is that she also really seems to enjoy taking care of her family creatively. My favorite Misty story is one day just after I had first met her, she was talking about what she was doing for valentines day. She was making steaks shaped like hearts! I found my self thinking, "This girl is willing to spend her time and energy to help her family have memories." I don't know if Jason remembers the valentines steaks, but I sure do! It inspired me to think about adding a little fun into the daily domestic tasks that are so much a part of a homemaker's life. So hi, Misty! Happy Mother's day! You inspire me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: