Thursday, June 3, 2010

Life Update

Wow.

It is June already and my calendar which had nothing on it a couple weeks ago is all filled up.

But it is fun stuff for the most part.

I am going to try to keep up on basic homestuff, but shelve most of the projects and decluttering by mid June. There are long hours in the winter to concentrate on that again- summer is too short up here to spend it sorting out the basement.

We have Tee-ball and swimming, basketball camp and soccer camp.

I am in charge of preschool VBS crafts and codirecting the preschool part of VBS, I also am coordinating snacks for basketball and soccer camp.

We have playgroups and playdates.

A yard to maintain and some camping to do.

Lincoln will have speech therapy 2 times a week.

We have 3-4 triathlons to accomplish and train for.

And our jobs, of course.

oh, and plotting my homeschool plan for fall.

But of all those things the most forefront one on my mind so far is:

Saturday's Triathlon.

Yes, we are competing in a tri this Saturday.

Now, I signed up for it last December- back when I was 6 months pregnant and thinking that signing up for a tri 3 months after giving birth would be a great way to kick me into shape post partum. I didn't really think about the breastfeeding, the unaccomplished weight loss, the difficulty in training with 4 children etc.

So I have been running, swimming and biking- but not really enough. My mental state is not ready. Physically I am not ready, and emotionally? Well, I am really hating running right now.

It is a sprint race so I thought for sure there would be lots of people signed up for it- people that may or may not be that serious. Now I am just hoping that I don't finish last.

I will feel better when it is over.

5 comments:

Johanna said...

Wow, I've never done a tri...but lots of my friends are kinda addicted. Where is it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie - don't worry about finishing last. It is not as bad as one might think:) I finished Grandma's with the sweetest grandma. I got the privilage of asking strangers to fill her water bottle for the last five miles. Poor Ryan had started a one man 'recovery effort' for my wilted remains.

The Three 22nds said...

Johanna, this one is at Long Lake. It is a sprint with a longer than normal for a sprint swim. 1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike, 3 mile run. We have one in August that is a mile swim, 23ish mile bike and 5 mile run. The one in sept is a 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike and 5 mile run. I hope to improve my times, but I need to quit having babies first! you should do one, they are fun!


Heidi,
Are you going to do it again this year? I would like to finish a marathon someday...

Heather A said...

Yea! You can do it! Swim Julie swim, Bike Julie bike, and Run Julie run!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking:) I am going to try to walk the last 10 miles with my friend. It is such a gorgeous trail - I am sure you have driven most of it in your times up north.