Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Few Things

*We have 2 Star Wars ships and 3 little boys. Tonight, when they were playing Lincoln was flying the box with a picture of a ship around in lieu of a real ship. Now that is ingenuity. It has lots of room in it for "Star Wars Dudes" too!



*We got a Dyson vacuum cleaner from Noah's parents for Christmas (thanks again, Chris and Debbie!). Since it has the clear canister I can see everytime I pick up a lego or playmobil coin. Noah's job tonight was to go through the canister rescuing small toys.



*I worked Monday night and due to some uncoordinated schedules ended up being home with the boys on Tuesday. I took a nap while they watched some tv, but it wasn't really quality sleep. So I was dragging by evening. I had talked with Noah on the phone about pizza for supper but we apparently did not come to a clear decision about him picking up or me ordering. He walked in the door with picked up pizza to find delievered pizza already on the table. Thankfully, neither one of us ordered huge amounts so although we do have leftovers- they are not unmanageable.



*Proud Mom moment today: Lincoln was running down the sidewalk toward the parking lot at the Y. He had gotten a little bit ahead of the rest of us. 2 people were walking up the sidewalk and I could tell they were a little bit nervous about how close he was to the parking lot and how far away from me he was. To reassure them that I was on top of the situation I called out, "Linc, remember the yellow line!" As soon as his little toes got to the yellow line on the curb he came to a dead stop and just stood there. Those people were SO IMPRESSED! They just gushed over what a good boy he was etc, etc. Good thing they missed the bolting away from Mommy that had just happened inside the Y.



*At council time at Awana tonight they were discussing the story of Esther. At the close of the story the teacher was taking questions related to the story. Deacon raised his hand and said, "My favorite part of the story is when the Jewish people all celebrated at the end. It reminds me so much of the Ewok celebration from Star Wars."

1 comment:

Elise said...

Thanks for the laugh, Julie! Great stories!