Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Overheard in the Kitchen

N: "Is this butter or frosting?" (pointing at the bowl on the counter with a spoon in it)



J: "It is butter frosting. Don't judge"



N: "I wasn't judging, just wondering if it was for the bread."



Later the butter for the bread was found in the utensil drawer. Who knows?



----



D: "I think that restaurants are a really good thing. Just think. There is always someone there to bring you drinks, and food and ketchup."



N: "I like restaurants too."



D: "Why can't we go more?"



J: "It is expensive, it is cheaper to eat at home."



D: "But they make the food. They bring it to you. They get you what you need!"



J: "Yeah, you are paying for the waitress/cook/host to be your mom."



N: "You see, Deke, at home we just pay for the food. Mom does everything else and we don't pay her. That is why it is cheaper to eat at home."



D: "I still like restaurants."


N: "I do too."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

and yet they are not the ones doing everything and not getting paid(: Actually I should be fair...I know Noah helps too.

Grandma Debbie said...

Deacon missed the best part about restaurants. They clean up after the meal!

Elise said...

I agree with Deacon, it's nice to have someone who brings you the ketchup.

However, my favorite part about restaurants (or at least nice ones) is trying out things I would never dare to cook myself, like lamb or scallops or creme brulee.