Monday, January 11, 2010

8 Random Things

1. This week my chapstick became officially too low to use. I think this is the first time this has happened to me, I always lose it (or lose interest in using it) before it is gone.


2. I am really, really bad at putting new plastic bags in the trash cans at work. If you tie the knot too far in, the bag won't stretch over the can, and if you make it too big, then your bag falls into the can when you throw stuff away. *sigh*. Maybe that can become one of my work goals for the year. (and yes, if you were wondering: I am a well paid RN with a 4 year degree, and yes I often do empty my own trash cans.)


3. My to-do list before the baby comes is not getting any shorter. This is due to 2 factors:


a. I try not to leave the house in zub weather so I haven't been able to get the supplies I need.


b. For some reason I feel like I am requiring about 10 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. This means that I have very minimal time to accomplish everything on my list before the kids go to bed.



4. "Mommy, Deacon and I are the big police. You don't need to be a the mom police because we are already big. You are the mommy Robber because we only have one little robber who needs a mommy." Even though I may not have picked up my ACLS book to study yet, I have been getting a fine education in Star Wars Trivia and into the workings of my little boy's minds.



5. We continue to eat out of the pantry and deep freeze this month. This has cut down on our grocery bill, however we did host a dinner gathering this weekend and that combined with me sending Noah to the store means we are not as far ahead as I wanted to be.



6. The door is not back on one of my bathrooms yet. The boys think we should just leave it off. Not having a door streamlines (ha) the going to the bathroom process.



7. I am going to have to get rid of my soft, fleecy clothes. The boys say I am the cuddliest, warmest person in the whole house and they climb all over me constantly. I love them, but that causes me some serious stress.

8. Deacon started basketball last night. He is so excited and everything he tells me starts with "Coach says...". I am happy for him, but Monday nights are going to be a tough night to get everyone in bed...

No comments: